Best meal by Restaurant in Cozumel - updated

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uncfnp

Solo Diver
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Best meal by Restaurant in Cozumel

While prepping for my upcoming trip I came across this older thread and it is exactly the kind of info I was hoping to find. But it is a little outdated and I know dishes and even restaurants can change a lot over the years. So rather then just posting to the old thread I decided to start a new one based on the same question. Hoping the Coz regulars, and anyone else with suggestions, will update their recommendations. Thanks.

On our list every time is Otates for burritos, and El Pique for tacos, especially after a night dive. For a lovely sit-down meal, we love El Pie de Carbon and Kinta.

Have a great time! Coz is my most favorite place in the world!

OMG!!!

New to me: Los Seras! Finally made it there. Pastor pizza! Who knew such thing existed!!! It is WONDERFUL . El Pique is awesome too.

Scallops at Guidos for an evening nicer meal. Always a favorite for the food and restaurant.
Ceviche at The Thirsty Cougar for lunch
In April, There was a new burrito (Burrito King maybe?) place by Zermatt that was really good too, Burritos Gorditos was closed when we walked by so we tried them. Cant say one was better than the other, both were great! Burrito King grills their burritos on a press.

Lobster rolls at Lobstershack across from The Thirsty Cougar (you have to put the slaw on them though, otherwise they are kind of dry)

There is a coffee shop back behind The Cougar ( by Pizza Hut) that has huge desserts. Ive had a strawberry torte, apple pie, triple chocolate cake, and banana cake...all were fantastic and the coffee is as good as Ive had anywhere.

we have not made it to La Chef or Carlos Pescadoria yet, but will in October for Day of the Dead. Around the corner from Casa Mexicana there is a restaurant that has really good shrimp tacos, I cant remember the name. Go south to the intersection, then East about 1/2 a block.

We have never ventured out for breakfast because the best buffet is at Casa Mexicana. We usually hit Zermat to have some snacks and pastries in the room. The bakery at Mega always has something interesting too.

Have fun, safe travels!

Jay

Al pie de carbon for great burgers. Either of the super hits for tortas. The museum had a great buffet breakfast with cochinita my favorite. King burrito is good also. La conchita de caribe for ceviche.

My love of Mole: Even though La Choza has become more commercialized, I still love their mole chicken. Panchos Backyard also has a wonderful, rich mole dishes. I used to dine at Case Denis, but between the increased prices and the annoying fire dancers, I no longer dine there.

For casual Mexican food : I always gravitate towards Los Otates , The Thirsty Cougar and Jeannes Waffle House.

If you need a break from Mexican fare(gasp!): a visit to Cozumel is not complete until we have dined at Guido's. Definitely get a table in the patio area. Another favorite place is The Pub. I am not a fan of pot pie's, but the way they prepare them is simply amazing! Be prepared for a decent wait time since they are made to order. Del Sur Argentina Empanadas and Grill has been a favorite of mine for years. After dining, I order some carry out empanadas. They heat up nicely and are perfect for after diving.

When I visit the island in Oct. I am determined to try the restaurant Local 707 and Cielito Londo Bistro. I have heard wonderful things about both places.

If your looking for a good bar with food try Coconuts. It's on the eastern side of the island. It has a great view of the beach.

Is the burger house still open? I drove around the block 3 times and never saw it. Just went to al pie de carbon.

Los Nopales for tacos with nopales.....be prepared though if you don't speak any Spanish. My wife and I have just enough to get by in a restaurant.

Back
Top Bottom