Best meal by Restaurant in Cozumel - updated

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since many people probably stay at a resort and don't rent a car and drive around, it'd be interesting to know which restaurants are convenient walking distance from which popular resorts (e.g.: Hotel Cozumel, Hotel Barracuda, Aldora Villa, etc...).

Where you stay may well narrow down your choices quickly.

Richard.

Good thought Richard, but if I'm staying anywhere near town I don't think twice about catching a cab. They are cheap & plentiful. Just be sure to pay in pesos. One of the best things about Coz. Makes location much less of an issue. IMHO. :)

Best meal by Restaurant in Cozumel

While prepping for my upcoming trip I came across this older thread and it is exactly the kind of info I was hoping to find. But it is a little outdated and I know dishes and even restaurants can change a lot over the years. So rather then just posting to the old thread I decided to start a new one based on the same question. Hoping the Coz regulars, and anyone else with suggestions, will update their recommendations. Thanks.
Thank you SO much for posting this! We are headed down in a couple weeks and save me the trouble of doing it!

I am determined to try the restaurant Local 707

Without question, you should. Nobody will able to list the best thing there because she changes the menu weekly based on what is good.

Cielito Londo Bistro.

Cielito Lindo. On the regular menu the best thing is the chile en nogada. I'm not sure what they call it on the English menu, but something non-specific such as "stuffed poblano chile". It's a proper chile en nogada, not a regular chile relleno. If they have chamorro horneado (pork shank), though, go for that.

There was a new burrito (Burrito King maybe?) place by Zermatt

King Burrito

Lobster rolls at Lobstershack across from The Thirsty Cougar (you have to put the slaw on them though, otherwise they are kind of dry)

Or, you know... one of their 3 amazing homemade salsas, particularly the coconut-cilantro one. Getting your lobster roll with cheese and bacon nices it up. Can't say I've ever had a "dry" one there.

There is a coffee shop back behind The Cougar ( by Pizza Hut) that has huge desserts.

El Coffee

We have never ventured out for breakfast because the best buffet is at Casa Mexicana.

I'd have said Jeanie's on Sunday. It's not a buffet, but there is no sane reason to pass up lechón tacos for breakfast on Saturdays at Restaurant Tamarindo's. Or shrimp tacos for breakfast at El Camarón Dorado or El Chino Marinero. Or pastes (puff pastry empanadas) at El Paste. Breakfast might our favorite reason to eat out on the island.

We usually hit Zermat to have some snacks and pastries in the room. The bakery at Mega always has something interesting too.

Sure. Don't forget La Cozumeleña for bakery items.

Tacos pastor and Posole at Otates, fresh seafood at La Perlita, the patio and any menue item at Guidos, Mole at El Moro and Veracruz fish at La Conchita del Caribe.

On a somewhat related note. Like many of you, we travel with a dive shop worth of gear so our clothing allowance is severely restricted. :) What is the dress code for the average night out? Do I need to find room for casual slacks and shirt?

On a somewhat related note. Like many of you, we travel with a dive shop worth of gear so our clothing allowance is severely restricted. :) What is the dress code for the average night out? Do I need to find room for casual slacks and shirt?
No, no, a thousand times no! I know of only one restaurant on Cozumel that requires that men wear long pants. It's the hoity toity one at one of the far south AI's, and I ain't goin' there!

Purely as a matter of personal preference, I usually wear casual slacks and a casual cotton print shirt for most dinners, but it is by no means required, even at the nicer Downtown restaurants. I have seen diners wearing shorts and a Tshirt at La Cocay, Kinta and Kondesa, which I would consider the higher end of Cozumel restaurants. Diners tend to get a little more dressed up for Pepe's Grill (or at least they used to - I haven't been to Pepe's in about 4 years), Pancho's Back Yard, and Casa Mission, but you won't be turned away in shorts and a Tshirt. And at the more casual places, El Moro, Del Sur, Guido's, etc., you'll fit right in with the crowd. So no, you don't need long pants to dine in Cozumel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom