Best meal by Restaurant in Cozumel - updated

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On all my trips to Cozumel, I've only stayed at the Bahia-for 2 things-price and....

THE HOLY MARY MOTHER OF ALL BREAKFAST BUFFETS @ Casa Mexicana

The only thing is they open at 7 and I only have until 7:30 to catch the morning boats. Omelets cooked to order! That's all I have to say. If anyone has been the Casa Mexicana for this buffet-say hello to Jaime-he's super friendly and has been working there for many years.

I refuse to eat at King. Eusabio gets his Burrito Gordito set up there and does well and then King goes in practically next door.

Didn't know that. My compass would point me in the same direction.

Really wish they'd stay open later, and along those lines, I don't know why it is, both on the island and mainland, that the best shrimp taco places close by 5 at the latest.

I even make my own tortillas. What a difference from the grocery stores (unless you are buying them at Mexican grocery stores...).
If you are willing to share your recipe/technique I’d appreciate it. I even bought a press and just wasn't satisfied with the results.

Burrito Gorditos makes a fine burrito, the large enough for two people. We have eaten their well over a dozen times.
Cazy King at one time had their shop just down from the blue angel hotel. We did stop into their newer location as burritos gorditos was closed and tried them out. Service was friendly and I enjoyed their burrito but wife did not.
Given a choice, burrito gorditos make a better burrito.

You guys/gals and your burritos. Bangers & mash at The Pub for dinner tonight. :) (hope the port opens tomorrow morning :bounce::bounce::bounce:)

THE HOLY MARY MOTHER OF ALL BREAKFAST BUFFETS @ Casa Mexicana
Check out breakfast buffet at Playa Azul, though it doesn't come with the downtown place to sleep. I'll pick it first every time.
And Melia's breakfast isn't a buffet, it's an entire complex! If you've never been to breakfast there, you're missing out.

Chief, I'm with you on Burritos Gorditos! Don't know why King Burrito, on their third location, decided they needed to be half a block away. Eusebio's the man! I'll spend my burrito buck with him.

Last edited:
If you are willing to share your recipe/technique I’d appreciate it. I even bought a press and just wasn't satisfied with the results.
I just use the recipe for them on the side of the bag of masa mix. I have few others but that is my go-to.

Ray at el Moro is wonderful. Food fantastic as well! Enchiladas remarkable.

Is that his restaurant? The care he showed was unparalleled.

Regards,
Cameron

Ray is the BEST. That is the family restaurant. That is his dad back there by the cash register. His mom is in the kitchen. Next time ask him to tell you how his family ended up in Cozumel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom