Best meal by Restaurant in Cozumel - updated

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

[QUOTE="ggunn, post: 8040785, member: 10521"When I started going to Cozumel the one on 65th was the only gas station on the island.[/QUOTE]

You must mean to say that when you started coming to Cozumel, the only gas station was on Av. 30th, not 65th. There never was a gas station on Av. 65th.

The first "gas station" on Cozumel was an "El Aguila" dispensary where the Las Iguanas apartments are on Calle 12 between the malecon and 5 Av. In 1938, they started PEMEX, so it changed it's name to Pemex. Later there was a PEMEX station on the malecon, torn down to build the Scaramouche disco, and now Viva Mexico. I remember gassing up at that one, when the old peso went from 12.50 to 24. Then they built another on Juarez and 30th (the one you remember). Then they built the one at Calle 75 and the Transversal, then the one in Av. Q. Roo in fraccionamiento Nueva Generacion, then the one on the Transversal in front of Gasoline Burger

After the most recent trip, the pork shank at Cielito Lindo is right up there on the memorable meals list, but there are so many great places, and seems to be a bunch of new candidates lately. Chardonnay and Colores y Sabores were also memorable. And as far as cooking classes, I have been to Josephina's, and it is a lot of fun, with the trip to El Mercado and all. Enjoyed it a lot.[/QUOTE
I just finished the pork shank and I am waiting for my check. I feel like a lion must feel after a fresh kill.

Just got home, and among the most memorable eats this trip were Prime 5 on Calle 5 & Ave. 5 (Tasty and creative bistro, at the old Le Chef location), Taberno el Greco on Calle 3 and Ave. 30 (wonderful Greek food!), and for jumping off the dive boat at the downtown pier and dropping in for lunch, Cuatro Taco on Calle 3 half a block off Melgar is great, next to Lobster Shack and Midori Sushi. (I think there are 10 restaurants in a block and a half on and around Calle 3 between Melgar and Ave. 5). Also Albino's Seafood restaurant on Ave. 20 between 10 and 12.

Le Chef has a Lobster BLT that is awesome!! Nice Patio in the back too. el muellecito is on the water near the Mega. They have wonderful seafood tapas that are really well prepared and inexpensive and we typically don't see a lot of tourists in there when we go during the day.

IMG_5149.JPG

Jacinta's. One of our favorite places for an excellent gourmet experience.

This one is "Cream of pibinal Corn"
Slow roasted corn cream in a traditional pibil-style with Cotija cheese spheres, Valladolid-style longaniza sausage powder & xcatic pepper crouton.

IMG_5168.JPG

Can't forget the best part of the meal....Dessert
This one is called:
Jacinto & Jacinta
Layered chocolate delight consisting of chocolate cake, intermingled with layers of chocolate pudding, orange flan, almond liquor foam, lemon curd, red berry jelly, crystalized rose petals, ground cocoa, corn ice cream, raspberry nitrogen, served tableside flambé style with mezcal Accompanied with roasted sweet corn & tascalate

View attachment 421184
Can't forget the best part of the meal....Dessert
This one is called:
Jacinto & Jacinta
Layered chocolate delight consisting of chocolate cake, intermingled with layers of chocolate pudding, orange flan, almond liquor foam, lemon curd, red berry jelly, crystalized rose petals, ground cocoa, corn ice cream, raspberry nitrogen, served tableside flambé style with mezcal Accompanied with roasted sweet corn & tascalate
Love Desserts .....added to my "To Do" List. So far for Desserts I have been going to Del sur for Dulce de leche stuffed Empanadas they are delightful.

For Mole, you MUST try El Moro. Love their mole. ask for a sample before you order. Lovely family runs the place.

Completely agree about El Moro. Been eating there for almost 20 years. Ray has become a very good friend over the years. Can't wait to see him very soon.

Back
Top Bottom