Best meal by Restaurant in Cozumel - updated

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Girasoles Restaurante

It may have been mentioned earlier in the thread but we "discovered" a new to us restaurant during our last trip. It is considered more a breakfast stop but it is air condidtioned so we stopped to look at the menu on our way back to the B&B from our morning dive (Cozumel in July and in the midst of a mosquito island takeover). The menu looked interesting and they are open til 2 pm. So we dropped off our gear, cleaned up a bit and headed over.

Eric was hooked immediately when they poured him a steaming cup of coffee with prompt refills. Soccer was on the large screen TV's and while it wasn't exactly cold inside it was resonably comfortable. The food was generous and very good. We thought the price was quite resonable. Service was excellent and the decor quite nice.

We liked it enough that we returned the next day and I thought I would share our discovery so that anyone looking for a good meal that's out of the early afternoon Cozumel sun would know where to go. :)

El Moro's grouper, El Pique for pork tacos and the Pub for Sunday BBQ pork sandwiches... Could eat all daily it's so good!

El Moro's grouper, El Pique for pork tacos and the Pub for Sunday BBQ pork sandwiches... Could eat all daily it's so good!
The last time I went to El Moro I departed from my usual Zachariah Platter and got their grilled conch in mucho ajo. I glopped together the conch, the rice, and the refried black beans, and I poured more garlic butter with the chunks of roasted garlic over the whole mess. It was so good I may never go back to the Zach.

Girasoles Restaurante The menu looked interesting

Try their twisted white-rye/dark-rye BLT sandwich for lunch, or the enfrijoladas de longaniza for breakfast. This restaurant is where the old La Retranca grocery store used to be in the distant past.

Before Chedraui and Mega, it used to be that La Retranca was where we went to get lunch supplies. We didn't speak Spanish, they didn't speak English, and none of the wares had English labels. It always made for an interesting trip. Lots of laughing and gesticulation on both sides of the conversation. :D

Adding Gasoline Burger to my list! Best burger in the island - and very large!

On the transversal past the conch shell across from the 2nd Pemex station. Pemex on south side of street Hasoline Burger on North side of street. They open at 6pm

On the transversal past the conch shell across from the 2nd Pemex station. Pemex on south side of street Hasoline Burger on North side of street. They open at 6pm

Is that where the Burger Haus moved to from next to Villa las Anclas?

Isn't the PEMEX station on the north side of the street?

Is that where the Burger Haus moved to from next to Villa las Anclas?

Nope totally different place and they use real meat - not pre-made burger patties

Gordon, there are 2 Pemex stations very close to each other - the first one which has been around forever where you turn to go to El Moro is on north side of street - go another 1/4 mile and there's another one on the right (or south side of the street)

Gordon, there are 2 Pemex stations very close to each other - the first one which has been around forever where you turn to go to El Moro is on north side of street - go another 1/4 mile and there's another one on the right (or south side of the street)
Oh, OK, but define "forever". When I started going to Cozumel the one on 65th was the only gas station on the island. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom