Beaver Lake at its best

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Surprisingly good I'd say. Over by the swim beach it got even a little better... did you go to the Dog rally? Lots of fun but I'd ned a lot more time in a dry suit to become relaxed an proficient!

Ya. I dove dry both days. I was actually really suprised how naturally I took to a dry suit. I was able to trim out and control my bouyancy much easier than in a wetsuit.

Ya. I dove dry both days. I was actually really suprised how naturally I took to a dry suit. I was able to trim out and control my bouyancy much easier than in a wetsuit.

Trim and bouyance were pretty easy at depth for me too, but once i started to come up I was having trouble venting the suit and at one point started an uncontrolled feet first ascent :shocked2: until I did a summersault and got the air back up in my torso... still had trouble getting the suit to vent though and I'm sure it was just technique that will get better over time.

Jeez Sunday was a mess weatherwise... did many people show up?

Trim and bouyance were pretty easy at depth for me too, but once i started to come up I was having trouble venting the suit and at one point started an uncontrolled feet first ascent :shocked2: until I did a summersault and got the air back up in my torso... still had trouble getting the suit to vent though and I'm sure it was just technique that will get better over time.

Jeez Sunday was a mess weatherwise... did many people show up?

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Its not funny but it is I'm glad you did not get hurt and what I think is funny is that, that very same thing happened to me my first time out!

Sunday had a pretty good turn out considering the crappy weather. DUI started packing up around noon though.

My LDS owner was working the show this year since he is picking up the DUI line. If anyone used one of the rental suits they probably met Jerry or Bob.

My LDS owner was working the show this year since he is picking up the DUI line. If anyone used one of the rental suits they probably met Jerry or Bob.

There was a bunch of folks from OK there... in fact I think my guide was from one of the OK shops.... fantasick bunch of folks...

BTW I am laughing my a$$ off at your avitar:rofl3:

Hi all,
I live in NWA and haven't dove in a while due to kids, life, etc. but I want to get back into it. Please message me if I can join you on a dive.

Hi all,
I live in NWA and haven't dove in a while due to kids, life, etc. but I want to get back into it. Please message me if I can join you on a dive.

Ill be down memorial weeken. Saturday I'll be knocking out my last two dives for AOW, and will probably be doing my own thing the rest of saturday and sunday. I'll probably be needing a dive buddy if your up for it.

Hi all,

Hey I live in NWA as well and am always looking to meet divers around here. PM me anytime you want to go.

Cheers!
Steve

I'll also be at Beaver on Memorial Weekend.

Steve I'll be camping at Lost Bridge, Thats the marina and park that we stoped at on Sunday after noon.
But I'm still going to try for a day of diving at Oronogo soon I had to put it off till my other buddy's could go.
I'll be out their all weekend starting on Friday so if you want to come out for a dive or six your more than welcome!

And for all those that want to hit beaver now is the time water is up but viz is still around 40ft! So it's a great time to go!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom