Beaver Lake at its best

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all,

Well, I called ScubaToys and the latest quote is $600-700 for a custom Henderson fit 7 ml suit. I think I will be going with LiquidFit which is nearly 1/2 the cost. Thoughts anybody? I am hoping to be diving with you all soon!

Thanks btw for all of the good ideas and help! This site is making it easy for me to get back into diving.

Extremediver

Glad you found Brax. We will have to compair notes when next we meet on dive spot's.
I am still having a hard time using this new SB, so bare with me while I get used to the new messageing system..or at least were its at haha.

I'm going to try and hit the lake this week sometime if your free. I ned to get in a few more dives before the main start of season.

That's a possibilty if you were thinking diving in the late afternoon... I can't skip work but I can alwya find an excuse to leave early!

Hey LostBridge and ExtremeDiver... absolutely will let you know next time I head to the lake...

Met up with LostBridgeDiver for a couple nice dives Sunday, May 22. Visibility about 20 feet on most of the platform and sunken boat and stuff side, a little less on the bluff. Even got a little drift diving in heading back on the bluff, the wind was strong enough, even at 20 feet, to push us along :) Temp about 68 on top, 64 and dropping fast at the thermocline about 35'. Fun day!

Hey Basscat did you happen to hear where the mud line was? Where is the Platform and boats.... I vaguely remember someone telling me that if you go to one of the trees in that stand just north of the dam one of them has a plastic marker and if you swim at azimuth of ?? from the marker you'll find the platform and it has lines leading to the boats. Is that true and if so what aizmuth from the tree with the marker?

I wonder if it will be muddied up by memorial day weekend. I'm Going to dive the north dam site with my daughter this weekend if anyone is interested in meeting up...PM me.

Cheers!
Steve

I was hoping to get some dives in this weekend especially being a holiday...but it doesn't look like it now :( I was shooting to head to the Lake in the Joplin area (I forget the lake's name right now). I wonder how things are there with all the damage from the tornadoes. I know there's a lot of devistation there. Horrible.

I was hoping to get some dives in this weekend especially being a holiday...but it doesn't look like it now :( I was shooting to head to the Lake in the Joplin area (I forget the lake's name right now). I wonder how things are there with all the damage from the tornadoes. I know there's a lot of devistation there. Horrible.

That's too bad... Beaver Lake still looks ok but that's sort of a hike for you huh?... anway if you decide to venture south a bunch of us will be there...

I was shooting to head to the Lake in the Joplin area (I forget the lake's name right now).

ORONOGO: Is the answer your looking for. :wink:

Hey Basscat did you happen to hear where the mud line was? Where is the Platform and boats.... I vaguely remember someone telling me that if you go to one of the trees in that stand just north of the dam one of them has a plastic marker and if you swim at azimuth of ?? from the marker you'll find the platform and it has lines leading to the boats. Is that true and if so what aizmuth from the tree with the marker?

Steve this has to be the spot were we saw all of the divers by the launch the sunday we were their...I might just have to check this out on Friday.

And I'm going to take my map into C&J and have them pin point were all of the stuff is on the lake to dive. I have a small some-what map of the dam area but not real clear.

I wonder if it will be muddied up by memorial day weekend. I'm Going to dive the north dam site with my daughter this weekend if anyone is interested in meeting up...PM me.

Cheers!
Steve

At C&J they said the mud line wasn't too far, and with the flood gates open, might be getting closer. Plus they've had a ton of rain Sunday night through Monday, and looks like more on the way :-( Don't know what it will be like by the weekend.
I've never seen the marker on the tree, but the stuff starts pretty much off the tree that sits out farthest at the end of the parking area before the boat ramp. We went in about the middle of the parking lot, dropped down to the bottom at about 20', and steered a course at 30° until we found something, in this case the airplane, and then followed the lines. There are usually a lot of big hungry bluegills to follow you around, and more fish around the structures, bass, cats, the occasional walleye. A pretty fun dive, for a lake. Hope the vis is good for you this weekend!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom