Beaver Lake at its best

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Avonthediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi all I went to Beaver yesterday to fish and get in a dive.
My wife and I showed up at North DamSite Park around 12:30 or one and while getting our gear out and ready I noticed that Richard with Paradise Dive Adventure had a class in the water, and talking with another diver who was just out getting wet and enjoying the wonderful day. Had told me that the class had been in the water for about 40 min.
This was very interesting to see that new divers were in 45 degree water learning their skills while learning how to cope with chilly water! :clapping:

My wife and I had a great chat with the older diver while getting our gear ready and he had told us that the visibility was just super! and that he had not seen viz like this in a long time.

Getting down to the water right now is a little bit of a trick due to the very low water level. but down I went meeting coming out was Richard helping one of his very cold students up and out to their truck. Two thumbs up and also told viz was super!

Set my yellow buoy and dive flag at 20 ft down turned to head down and WOW! Vis was an astonishing 40 to 50 ft!!! :dropmouth:

The first statue I found was the creepy ronald mcdonald boy with dog "see map"..Please dont make fun to bad..
I traveled on down to the line that leads to the sailboat and what I call the dead forrest. and right now is really the best time to hit this depth, most of the time you have very limited visibility and can get very DARK! and at normal pool 25 ft deeper than it is now.

Made my way around to the vollyball nets and nailed 110 ft with ease. Viz and ambient light still amazing!
turning and moving up to see more of the statue's and make my way up and out to finish my dive.

to finish water temp was 48 to 45 not to bad for this time of year. Viz 40-50 ft just amazing is all I can say, the best I have ever seen on Beaver!
Not alot of people or boat traffic. so this made for a GREAT DAY!! :D:dance3:

I made one more late evening dive with much of the same Viz and even getting dark I never pulled out my light at 75 ft.
Once again I can not say how well this day was. So I hope to see other divers out their enjoying some of the best Spring diving to come along in a long time!

Attachments

• Beaver lake dive april 2011.jpg
    Beaver lake dive april 2011.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 401
You're the second person I've report of 40+ foot vis. from. Boy I sure hope it hopes for a while longer. I'll be there on the weekend of the 16th.

Great report. Hearing this really gives me the itch to dive. Never been there, but Beaver has been on my list for a while. Come to think of it, I'm off next weekend. Hmm.. Could be a plan formulating.

Hey is the Angel in the center of the picture the Angle with the creepy Gene Simons make up? I have not seen most of the status in the pic and am trying to orient myself...

no their is about three angels but this one has its wings back. it looked to me like a few of the statu's have moved around..but it may just be me!

Wow... I have got to go dive with you one of these days... I had no idea that there was so much out there....

Wow... I have got to go dive with you one of these days... I had no idea that there was so much out there....

Well come on Diver lets go!

And their is still a few things I have yet to see. BUt I'm tracking them down :gator:

Set my yellow buoy and dive flag at 20 ft down turned to head down and WOW! Vis was an astonishing 40 to 50 ft!!! :dropmouth:

I will have to dig around and see if I can find the picture. I have measured 62ft horizontal viz at catfish flats and sailboat cove in the past.

Beaver can have outstanding freshwater diving. Get away from the partiers and the dam and generally one side or the other has very enjoyable diving year round. Except, when we get all the heavy flooding.

Ill be goin april 29 for DUI dog days. This is good news. Now I'm even more excited to get down there. This will be my first time diving a drysuit. Can't wait.

Ill be goin april 29 for DUI dog days. This is good news. Now I'm even more excited to get down there. This will be my first time diving a drysuit. Can't wait.

Yep... me too this will be my first time in a dry suit as well... really looking foreward to it... now if I can just get rid of this sinus infection all will be right with the world

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom