Beaver Lake at its best

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all,
I live in NWA and haven't dove in a while due to kids, life, etc. but I want to get back into it. Please message me if I can join you on a dive.

I'm in SW Mo, Beaver is my favorite local dive, and always looking for somebody to dive with. Weekends only until June, free some during the week after that. Be glad to meet up and dive!

Hehe. I was at Lost Bridge this weekend with my family trying to snorkel. I did not have any wet suit on and the water seemed a bit cold to me. Looking forward to getting a new suit. My suit currently does not fit me and I have been contemplating buying another 5-7 mil suit or just make the jump to a dry suit. Thoughts? Anybody know of any good deals?

Hehe. I was at Lost Bridge this weekend with my family trying to snorkel. I did not have any wet suit on and the water seemed a bit cold to me. Looking forward to getting a new suit. My suit currently does not fit me and I have been contemplating buying another 5-7 mil suit or just make the jump to a dry suit. Thoughts? Anybody know of any good deals?

Yep take a look at Scubatoys and leisurepro both are online. I just bought a new 7mm from scubatoys for $140.00 and very happy its a good suit for not a lot of money.

Ditto what Avon said... I got a great deal at Leisurepro.com... I got a Neosport by Henderson7/5mm jumpsuit with 5mm Hood, 5mm Gloves and 5mm Boots for $160.... Dove in it this weekend with Avon and it was warm and toasty. Avon got a farmer John style suit and if had to do it over again I'd get the farmer johns instead of the jumpsuit.\

Cheers!
Steve

I'll also be at Beaver on Memorial Weekend.

Steve I'll be camping at Lost Bridge, Thats the marina and park that we stoped at on Sunday after noon.
But I'm still going to try for a day of diving at Oronogo soon I had to put it off till my other buddy's could go.
I'll be out their all weekend starting on Friday so if you want to come out for a dive or six your more than welcome!

And for all those that want to hit beaver now is the time water is up but viz is still around 40ft! So it's a great time to go!

Aha... Now your PM makes sense... Will definitely meet you for a dive or 6. I'll probably even rent my daughter a thicker wetsuit and let her get her first dive in for the summer as well. You getting a boat for the weekend or shore diving?

I checked out scubatoys.com last night. The big problem I have is that I am 5'-6" tall weighing in at 282lbs. So basically a short heavy dude. I am thinking I will need a custom made suit.

Hi everyone,

Let me know if you ever want to go diving at Beaver Lake or any other lake in the area. I'm looking forward to getting as many dives in as possible now that I've got a full set of gear.

Aha... Now your PM makes sense... Will definitely meet you for a dive or 6. I'll probably even rent my daughter a thicker wetsuit and let her get her first dive in for the summer as well. You getting a boat for the weekend or shore diving?

Brax led me to a tip for a new boat motor so if I get it running again I'll bring my pontoon out, if not well I guess it will be from the shore but Im fine with that to.
And our buddy Brax to night had his college graduation!

Extremediver Give scubatoys a call there shop is out of this world so they mayhave what you need. Their number is 972-820-7667

Brax led me to a tip for a new boat motor so if I get it running again I'll bring my pontoon out, if not well I guess it will be from the shore but Im fine with that to.
And our buddy Brax to night had his college graduation!

Extremediver Give scubatoys a call there shop is out of this world so they mayhave what you need. Their number is 972-820-7667

Hey is Brax on the board? If not would you mind PM'ing me his cell? I'd at least like to text him my congratulations on graduating. Shore diving sounds fine to me and I kind of want to see the bluffs witht hte water this high. SoccerJeni dove them last week and said it was a reall pretty dive. I did hear however that there is a particular cove near lost bridge where all the boaters go to party... could be a good place for treasure hunting sometime.

Hey is Brax on the board? If not would you mind PM'ing me his cell? I'd at least like to text him my congratulations on graduating. Shore diving sounds fine to me and I kind of want to see the bluffs witht hte water this high. SoccerJeni dove them last week and said it was a reall pretty dive. I did hear however that there is a particular cove near lost bridge where all the boaters go to party... could be a good place for treasure hunting sometime.

Glad you found Brax. We will have to compair notes when next we meet on dive spot's.
I am still having a hard time using this new SB, so bare with me while I get used to the new messageing system..or at least were its at haha.

I'm going to try and hit the lake this week sometime if your free. I ned to get in a few more dives before the main start of season.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom