Beast and I are going north

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As much as I want to see everyone, I don't want anyone going so far out of their way. I figure Dallas is like Houston, it can take you 2 hours to get from one side to the other!

Okies, I gots good news and bad news.

OTB doesn't take reservations. I was advised to "call early that day" and tell them to hold/prepare a table for 15 at 7:30pm. We should be able to get everyone together, but it may be a little bit of a wait.

(Scubatoys closes at 6:30 - figured I'd give Larry or Joe time to close up shop)

On the Border
1220 Market Place
Irving, Texas 75063
(214) 574-8900
7.4 miles from the Shop

Directions from Scuba Toys-
Take I-35 South to 635 West.
Exit Macarthur, stay on service road.
OTB is on your right about 500 yards past the light.

Should we proceed with OTB? Or want me to try to find another place?

D.

parrotheaddiver:
How about a door prize for the one who comes the farthest. lol..

Umm, did you remember that Doug and Dee are coming from southeast of Houston? :D

Well I just read where y'all are going to try and eat at 7:30. I mentioned it to Troy and he said "hey I guess you didn't remember my company Christmas Party?". Rats folied again. Oh well, dinner at Salt grass isn't that bad accompanied by a bonus check. Ahh sweet......Y'all have fun without me! SWAMPERS RULE!!!

sealskin98:
Umm, did you remember that Doug and Dee are coming from southeast of Houston? :D

Hi Mike well it is actually NE of Houston but they don't count since they will already be in Cumby lol, just kidding of course about the door prize unless you are planning on donating one :05:

On the Border at 5pm....sounds like a plan! Just an idea...if there's an option for a round table, several smaller tables or a meeting room where we can mingle, that would make visiting with everyone easier than everyone at one long table.

Hey what happened to eating at 5:00pm.

I guess it doesn't really matter except if we get there at 5:00pm there will be more time to visit, and Dee and Doug have to drive back to Cumby that night.

There is also an OTB at 4400 Beltline Rd in Addison is that closer?

parrotheaddiver:
Hi Mike well it is actually NE of Houston but they don't count since they will already be in Cumby lol, just kidding of course about the door prize unless you are planning on donating one :05:

Ooops, me geography is bad. Looks like y'all have about the same distance. Didn't think rest stops counted. And I will donate a door prize (rumbles around at the table looking for a toothpick to donate to door prize). :11:

Hey, toothpicks come in handy at a dinner! :D

parrotheaddiver:
Hey what happened to eating at 5:00pm.

I guess it doesn't really matter except if we get there at 5:00pm there will be more time to visit, and Dee and Doug have to drive back to Cumby that night.

There is also an OTB at 4400 Beltline Rd in Addison is that closer?

I'm with ya on the 5:00 time...we should be there long enough for everyone to attend for a bit.

Ruh roh...we haven't even thrown in the "accommodating the minorities" that are smokers yet. Is Irving location "smoke free?"

Just a thought.

Sorry, didn't see the 5pm time.. I thought I saw a post that Larry was going to join us after the shop closed.

I'm great with 5pm. We shouldn't have any problems getting a table anywhere at that time.

OTB at 5?

Oh..and you can smoke in the bar at the Irving location...

(the OTB on beltline is 8.8 miles - not like it makes that big a difference or anything also more bars and stuff over there if anyone wants to have a post-dinner drink)

D.

I'll let you guys work out just WHICH one we got to. Just let me know where! I think someone mentioned it earlier but I was thinking 5pm would be early enough we wouldn't get caught in the Sat. night dinner crowd but late enough to eat. And I'm sure we'll still be there if Larry can join us.

Mary Sue, Billy and I are night owls so the visiting time doesn't bother us...Beast can nap on the way back to the house! :07:

Thanks Day for the leg/phone work!

Okay folks, unless there's a "nay" out there, Irving OTB at 5pm on the 10th?

<address, directions, phone number posted earlier>

D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom