Beast and I are going north

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ken, thats pretty messed up dude! And your insurance will suffer because of it! I'd offer a ride, but I'm not driving all the way to TX in my Wrangler... I hope things get sorted out and your car gets fixed soon!

I believe it's called "Sam's Boat". There's also an indian food place there, the Clay Pot, as well as Tokyo One, another sushi / chinese food / stir fry place.

D.

sealskin98:
That got the pics. Ken. Doesn't it just make your heart sink when you first look at your wrecked car? Been there....

Lemme look at Dayl's list for a bit...looks good but don't know about the price of the Kobe and Brazil meat places, may be to pricey for some. But I hear that they are Good! 5 star top class.

I'm also having a brain fart...there is a sea food place just west of the tollway on Beltline (or was that 75) that has a boat in front of it...ppl. I went to a seminar in dallas with ate there and I've seen it before...Ahhh...what's the name of it.

Fox and Hound is up the road a little in Lewisville. You could probably get a room for an hour or so. Snacks to full meals.

2-bit

Daylonious:
Well, there's a few places within 10-15 minutes of the shop depending on what you're hungry for as well as my estimates on pricing:

On Beltline Road (near the tollway)
On the Border - $15pp
Kobe Steaks (my favorite place to eat - hibachi 'cook in front of you' kinda place) $35
Olive Garden $15pp
Fogo de Chao (eat until you explode brazillian place) $45pp
Texas de Brazil (ANOTHER eat until you explode brazillian place) $45pp

One exit either direction and you have:
Sullivan Steakhouse (Trinity Mills / Tollway) $45pp
Blue Fish Sushi (Frankford / Tollway) $30pp
Rafain's Brazillian (yet ANOTHER one of those "eat meat until you explode" brazillian places, arguably the best of the three restaurants) $45pp

On Loop 12 / NW Highway
Pappadeaux's Seafood $30pp
Pappas Bros Steak $35pp
Joes Crab Shack $20pp

Those are just off the top of my head. My first pick would be Kobe, but they don't do reservations, you just show up and hang out. Could be an hour or two before seating if it's not too much of a problem. (We could always attack the bar) Food is top notch.

Second choices would probably be On the Border or Joe's for a more inexpensive evening. (Okay food, but more beer)

Somewhere inexpensive would work for us. Joe's Crab Shack is too noisy to be able to visit, especially on Sat. Reservations would help. Mexican is always good. What about something like Chili's?

Have we decided on a time for this shindig?

On The Border sounds good to me. How about 5:00 or so?

5pm sounds perfect to me. Scuba shopping and mexican food....can't get any better than that!

I see that there is a Chili's about 5 miles from ScubaToys (according to Mappoint)...2624 N. Josey Lane in Carrollton. Don't know how well Chili's will work with a group of 15 or more, most I've ever been in one with is about 6....

Any place is fine with me...just saw Dee mention Chili's twice....

Now if we can just get our two injured Swampers out of the infirmary to join us.

Come on Tom...you can juggle your social calender, people do it to me all the time. :D

We could even go to the Fox and the Hound...I kinda like that place, they have darts.

I just mentioned Chili's because seems they are all over the place and can usually take reservations for a group. Anywhere reasinable priced is fine with me....cheaper = more Scuba Toy shopping!

Come on Tom....a margarita or three will make your hand feel better! :wink:

On The Border then? At least we know they have good fajitas and margaritas... we can always hit another bar for pool and darts..

There's actually TWO within 15 minutes of the shop, one is at Macarthur / 635, the other at Beltline and Midway.

Do we have a rough idea of how many people are coming? 10-15? I can call both and see about getting us a back room...

D.

Back
Top Bottom