Beast and I are going north

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I live 5 minutes from ScubaToys... maybe could help in the dinner planning arrangements... there's probably a dozen places to eat within 15 minutes of the shop.

Care if I crash the party?

D.

Good Grief Ken, that's terrible! Hope you're ok.

Hopefully you'll feel well enough to attend the dinner, wherever it's at and whoever gets it planned.

Truck, Daylonious...maybe you two can work together on the planning.

Daylonious:
I live 5 minutes from ScubaToys... maybe could help in the dinner planning arrangements... there's probably a dozen places to eat within 15 minutes of the shop.

Care if I crash the party?

D.

You're more than welcome....Meeting Swampers is the main objective for these trips up north!

Something close to ST would be great. Since my one and only trip to ST was riding with someone else I have no clue how to get there! We'll be coming from the east towards Terrell. Any tips on how to get there? :05:

Dee:
You're more than welcome....Meeting Swampers is the main objective for these trips up north!

Something close to ST would be great. Since my one and only trip to ST was riding with someone else I have no clue how to get there! We'll be coming from the east towards Terrell. Any tips on how to get there? :05:

Getting to ST is fairly easy, take I35E north to the Crosby Rd. exit. I thinks it's exit #443a. It'll be a couple of miles north of 635. ST is right at the end of the exit ramp so ya gotta be kinda careful. A safer alternative might be to exit at Valwood Parkway (#442) and stay on the service road. Look for the Ford dealership, it'll be just past it.
Their address is 1609 S. I-35E, Carrollton, Tx 75006 if you want to mapquest it.

Thanks, everyone, for your well wishes! I've taken two extra-strength Tylenol and two Advil so far today, and the next thing I'm going to take is a nap...LOL

Anything close to ScubaToys would work great. Thanks, Kevin and Daylonious, for checking things out for me. You guys will do just fine.

Dee, the best way to get to ScubaToys from Terrell is take I-20 west and exit I-35E, heading north. You will need to exit on Valwood Pkwy., and follow the access road until you see a big dive flag in front of what looks like a warehouse (it looks like one because that's pretty much what it is).

I'll be in touch as soon as I can.

here's what it looks like now...

Tooth's suggestion of Mexican did sound good, although it's a bit of drive from Carrolton (although you could go down to 635 and hit 75 north).

To bad he's tied up at work that day.

I'm open to about anywhere in the Metro and for any type of restaurant.

Ooops...Ken, I don't think your pics. uploaded right.

Sorry about Lil' Blue...maybe you can replace it with one of those killer (they have a mind of their own) SUVs...more crunch control. :D

Well, there's a few places within 10-15 minutes of the shop depending on what you're hungry for as well as my estimates on pricing:

On Beltline Road (near the tollway)
On the Border - $15pp
Kobe Steaks (my favorite place to eat - hibachi 'cook in front of you' kinda place) $35
Olive Garden $15pp
Fogo de Chao (eat until you explode brazillian place) $45pp
Texas de Brazil (ANOTHER eat until you explode brazillian place) $45pp

One exit either direction and you have:
Sullivan Steakhouse (Trinity Mills / Tollway) $45pp
Blue Fish Sushi (Frankford / Tollway) $30pp
Rafain's Brazillian (yet ANOTHER one of those "eat meat until you explode" brazillian places, arguably the best of the three restaurants) $45pp

On Loop 12 / NW Highway
Pappadeaux's Seafood $30pp
Pappas Bros Steak $35pp
Joes Crab Shack $20pp

Those are just off the top of my head. My first pick would be Kobe, but they don't do reservations, you just show up and hang out. Could be an hour or two before seating if it's not too much of a problem. (We could always attack the bar) Food is top notch.

Second choices would probably be On the Border or Joe's for a more inexpensive evening. (Okay food, but more beer)

That got the pics. Ken. Doesn't it just make your heart sink when you first look at your wrecked car? Been there....

Lemme look at Dayl's list for a bit...looks good but don't know about the price of the Kobe and Brazil meat places, may be to pricey for some. But I hear that they are Good! 5 star top class.

I'm also having a brain fart...there is a sea food place just west of the tollway on Beltline (or was that 75) that has a boat in front of it...ppl. I went to a seminar in dallas with ate there and I've seen it before...Ahhh...what's the name of it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom