Beast and I are going north

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WooHoo! Looks like we have 12... maybe 13, in attendance....

ScubaTexan
sealskin98 plus 3
Truckdiver and SMonster
tx.lakerats
Mary Sue and Billy
Dee and Beast
TwoBit...maybe

This is gonna be fun

As this looks like a great time with alot of the crew, it does not look like I will be able the make it this year.............. have a fun time!!!

well i dont think im gonna be able to make this one due to work schedule and that this is our busy season in the resturant biz(black friday through the first full weekend in january), unless you all want to come to abuelos(mexican) in west plano and then could get you all set up with a space for a group up to about 30+ if you wanted it.

FWIW

Tooth

Looks like I'm going to need a LOT of help finding a place for us to meet this time, as I will be without a car for awhile. My car was demolished in a serious automobile accident today in downtown Dallas. I was the middle vehicle in a three-car chain-reaction collision that was actually caused by a fourth car, whose driver naturally fled the scene as fast as he could floor the accelerator. My hood is crumpled in, my trunk was completely smashed in (with my dive bag in the trunk -- although, I think it's ok), my back window is completely gone, and I would have to be a contortionist in order to sit in my driver's seat. The weird thing is, despite the violence of the collisions (front and back), my air bags NEVER deployed! In my last accident, in the car I had before this one, my air bags BLEW OUT the front windshield. Go figure... :11:

I am all right, although I am getting pretty sore. I've taken some Advil and will be taking some Tylenol PM before I turn in for the night. I may be too sore to even get out of bed in the morning. :frown:

So....I will need someone to pick up the ball and run with it as to when and where we meet on Dec. 10. I'd like for it to be as convenient for Dee and Doug to get to as possible, as the rest of us should not have too much problem getting there. My only hurdle will be transportation, but I hope to have that taken care of by then. Wish me luck!

Ken

ScubaTexan:
Looks like I'm going to need a LOT of help finding a place for us to meet this time, as I will be without a car for awhile. My car was demolished in a serious automobile accident today in downtown Dallas. I was the middle vehicle in a three-car chain-reaction collision that was actually caused by a fourth car, whose driver naturally fled the scene as fast as he could floor the accelerator. My hood is crumpled in, my trunk was completely smashed in (with my dive bag in the trunk -- although, I think it's ok), my back window is completely gone, and I would have to be a contortionist in order to sit in my driver's seat. The weird thing is, despite the violence of the collisions (front and back), my air bags NEVER deployed! In my last accident, in the car I had before this one, my air bags BLEW OUT the front windshield. Go figure... :11:

I am all right, although I am getting pretty sore. I've taken some Advil and will be taking some Tylenol PM before I turn in for the night. I may be too sore to even get out of bed in the morning. :frown:

So....I will need someone to pick up the ball and run with it as to when and where we meet on Dec. 10. I'd like for it to be as convenient for Dee and Doug to get to as possible, as the rest of us should not have too much problem getting there. My only hurdle will be transportation, but I hope to have that taken care of by then. Wish me luck!

Ken

Holy cra% Ken I am glad you are basically ok....sorry to hear of you and your car though. Take care of yourself man! Let me know if you need anything outside of this schd. event (as I can not make it). Take it easy on Sunday and rest up. Alan

Hey Ken! Glad to hear you're OK, bummer about your ride though.........
Guess you get to figure out what kinda car you want to get to replace it. That part might not be so bad...
I'll see what I can figure out as far as a place to have everyone meet at.
Won't be quite the stellar job you do, but maybe I can stumble my way though it..............

Would McDonalds work out OK for everyone?:D

ScubaTexan:
Ken

Get well soon, and don't be telling people you feel OK if you really don't. If it comes down to filing a claim for medical or lost wages, the insurance companies are not on your side and will use your words against you. Go see a doctor Monday just in case.

Oh, Man....Ken are you sure you're OK? As one who has been involved in more than one rear-ending, problems can/will show up when you least expect it! If you have any pain other than general soreness that doen't go away in a few days, get it checked out, OK? And your poor little blue car....so sad.

Don't worry about us, McDonald's will be fine! But would they ever be the same after they were Swamper-ized?!?! :D

KEN!!!! Oh my gosh, I am so sorry to hear you were in an accident! I hope you get very soon. I will call and check on you.

Ken,

No sympathy accidents dude. Get checked out and get better. Prayers for ya dude.

I'm out on this one. Social calendar is almost full for December.

2-bit

Back
Top Bottom