Bali opening?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can you book with the local airlines directly, or do you need a third party site?
Hmmmmm... I see an easy side hustle here for someone with an Indonesia credit card and a Paypal account.
More likely you don’t have Indonesian bank issued credit card or ATM card. So, you may try what @matts1w suggested, find an Indonesian SB member who’s willing to buy it for you and you pay him / her via PayPal with whatever fee you both agree to add for the service.

More likely you don’t have Indonesian bank issued credit card or ATM card. So, you may try what @matts1w suggested, find an Indonesian SB member who’s willing to buy it for you and you pay him / her via PayPal with whatever fee you both agree to add for the service.
Is this a new thing when I went to Komodo in 2019 I just bought tickets direct through LionAir I think…

Had a long chat about this with Nusatrip and my bank. Apparently the version of 3DS security is not the same and some are on old version and some are on new. I ran into the same issues. A workaround is finding a local agent or using Tiket.com but you need to send them an email first with a photo of your passport and credit card number in one frame/photo so they can whitelist your card. They will assure you they delete the info ASAP but it does make one nervous about throwing all your info out there.

While arrival PCR is not needed now, testing is required for domestic air travel if you do not have 3 doses/are not boosted.

Good to see you back with us, here on Scubaboard Indonesia subforum.

Yes if you have credit card or ATM card issued by Indonesian Bank like BCA (Bank Central Asia).
This is not a general scheme.
A few weeks ago, I bought tickets online to LionAir with my VISA card issued by a european bank.
It might probably depend on each bank.

Is this a new thing when I went to Komodo in 2019 I just bought tickets direct through LionAir I think…
It is still valid, I was able to purchase my tickets at LionAir directly.
Dan is speculating on a rule that doesn't apply in a general way.
If your card used to work before then it might still process your payment now. LionAir website design is just iffy, sometimes it times out and you have to select options to make the payment work otherwise it blocks your booking as an option and you will not able to book again since it finds a duplicate as the auto release process doesn't seem to work either. (That's probably what happened to some of you purchasing from diffrent sources with the same name btw. If it is, the only resource now is to call them : happened to me, good luck!)

Can you book with the local airlines directly, or do you need a third party site?

I am able to book directly with Batik air and Lion Air and Air Asia.

A few weeks ago, I bought tickets online to LionAir with my VISA card issued by a european bank.
That's good to know. Thanks for pointing that out.

They could have improved their payment process recently. Have you bought tickets directly from Lion Air before Covid (< 2020)?

Have you bought tickets directly from Lion Air before Covid (< 2020)?
Yes I have since 2012 or so : they are fixing some of their bugs, though still not a "state of the art" online sales site. (check out AirAsia new selling platform for instance)
I never purchase tickets from intermediates.

I just went ahead and got Jaga Wisata Covid insurance card just in case the immigration officer requires me to have one for VoA.

View attachment 718567

That's good to know. Thanks for pointing that out.

They could have improved their payment process recently. Have you bought tickets directly from Lion Air before Covid (< 2020)?

I just recently flew direct into Denpasar from Singapore about 3 weeks ago and no one checked any of my insurance. When I landed had to take a PCR test in the airport directly be for immigration, they also checked that I had a CHSE hotel booking, and checked my vaccinations, If you upload your foreign vaccinations into the PeduliLindungi App this makes it much quicker and easier for them.

As far as buying domestic flights from Traveloka, or direct from Lion Air, Citilink, Batik, etc. I have never been able to with any US credit or debit card and I have tried alot of them!! even my HSBC card. Also I have an EU bank card and an Aussie bank card and neither of them work. Only way I have successfully bough domestic tickets is with my Indonesian bank card or transfer using my Indonesia banking App. Same with ordering things off of Tokopedia

I do have some friends that are able to buy Lion air and Citilink flights with there EU cards by mine does not work so as Luko has pointed out it really is hit or miss and depends on your bank. But I do know that US cards do not work.

IIRC US is lagging behind in card technology and very few banks issue chip based cards and rely on old magnetic swipe tech. Maybe that’s why the cards are not accepted (something in the card numbering to denote old vs new)? I never had a problem with cards issued from my country before the COVID thing started at least.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom