Bali opening?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What I heard is going to happen in the next couple of weeks is this (use Google Translate if you don’t speak Indonesian):
From that article:

"For people who have not had the booster vaccine, they will be required to attach the results of the PCR and antigen tests as travel requirements for prospective passengers on planes , trains, ships and other transportation."

If that's as far as it goes, still sounds good. Now, if they start putting time frames on when one was last boosted, that could get troublesome, especially since eligibility for a booster may vary with different issues (e.g.: age).

But if international tourists who are fully vaccinated and boosted can fly in without screening tests, that will be very good news.

Of course, the next question is what about people who've only recently gotten the full vaccination series but haven't had enough time elapse to qualify for a booster? I guess they have to get tested.

I guess so.

I’m fully vaccinated (boosted twice, the last one was done on 5 May 2022, got Covid-19 & recovered from it 3 weeks ago, so that would be another boost vaccine via natural immunity?) & flying out to Bali on Friday (2 days from now). We’ll see what happens then. I have PeduliLundungi QR code & JagaWisata insurance.

Glad I was vaccinated 4 times. When I got Covid-19, it was so mild (just coughing a bit, runny nose for a couple of days, no fever, no loss of taste, no loss of smell). The C-19 self test kit showed positive for 6 days and turned negative on the 7th day.

I have flown in and out of Indonesia in the last year about 8 times now. Most recently a couple weeks ago and can tell you that now they do NOT check the PeduliLundungi app, PCR test, or insurance. All they want to see is your vaccination certificate and yes it can be a foreign one either digital or printed paper. They give it a quick look over and wave you through to the VOA line, you pay your 500k then continue through the passport control line and you in. Super easy

Have a great trip Dan

When @outofofficebrb and I entered Manado last April, we had to queue up while they checked the paperwork.

They did not check the PeduliLundungi app, which I may say was a real PITA to sort out beforehand.

Later when I had to fly from MDC to DPS the App mentioned that I was not vaccinated, although my first three vaccine certificates were all uploaded at the time, and I was not permitted to fly!

However nobody checked the App at MDC when I was checking in for my Lion Air flight and I flew anyway.

Had I been refused access to fly to DPS my Plan B was to return to NAD at Lembeh for another few days and arrange my return flight to Singapore.

I have flown in and out of Indonesia in the last year about 8 times now. Most recently a couple weeks ago and can tell you that now they do NOT check the PeduliLundungi app, PCR test, or insurance. All they want to see is your vaccination certificate and yes it can be a foreign one either digital or printed paper. They give it a quick look over and wave you through to the VOA line, you pay your 500k then continue through the passport control line and you in. Super easy
8 weeks can be a long time when things are changing last moment. Better check the last updated regulations and stick to them 100%. One example: kids from six and older have to be vaccinated before they can fly domestically. Rule became active 3 days ago.

I just arrived in Bali. You are right. Bali is back to the way it used to be.

I went straight to the Visa-on-Arrival (VoA) booth to get a 30-day visa for $35, then waited inline to get my passport stamped, proceeded to the baggage claim to pickup my luggages, filled out Custom declaration form, handed the form to Custom agent and off I went to check-in to Novotel. Pretty smooth entry. 😊

So, y’all hurry up & come on down to the Island of the Gods, ya hear! It’s nice here. 😜

It turns out I still need to use PeduliLindungi to get into TSM Mall.
Do you see any indication as to whether they care when you had your last booster? I ask because some time after setting up my PeduliLindungi account and having my submission approved (at which point I had both Moderna vaccine doses + 1 Moderna vaccine booster), I got a 2nd Moderna booster.

I'd really rather not delve into the hassles of trying to get updated info. into their system and approved if there is no practical benefit to be had.

Have fun on your trip.

No they don’t. I’m in the same boat like you’re, got 2nd booster after applying for PeduliLindungi, including QR code from CVS for the 2nd booster (finally US caught up with the rest of the world in providing electronic vaccine card).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom