Bad scuba advice you've received

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I seriously get tired of writing this in threads like this.

If you are a properly weighted single tank, NDL diver, you should be able to control buoyancy with only the drysuit. If not, you are likely overweighted. That is why, for example, the book on drysuit diving written by the owners of DUI recommended that. (I am not home now, or I would quote it.)

Add weight and/or depending upon the kind of drysuit, and things change. For example, a technical diver with loads of air for an extended dive cannot possibly use only the drysuit for buoyancy. The wing must be the primary source of buoyancy control.

People with extensive training understand the meaning of the phrase "it depends." People who do not have extensive training typically mock those who do.

Bad SCUBA advise? "Just ask on Scubaboard, they will know the answer."

you didnt need to add "in current" after "Split fins".

And why is Tri-mix in a 100' "bad advice"? If helium was the same price as O2, I'd be using that sh*t on beach dives!!!
1. It is not KISS
2. It is not the same price as 02 sadly
3. For those without a mix cert, it would be another $K+ in classes

In a perfect world I'm with you, 400x40cuft is mighty pricey tho. Thats NDLish diving, extending bottom time would be probably double.
Love to use a rebreather, illegal for most spearfishing tho.

Back
Top Bottom