Bad scuba advice you've received

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Back in the mid 90's Don't dive the devil's gas, e.g. Nitrox

Back in the mid 90's Don't dive the devil's gas, e.g. Nitrox

From PADI and Skin Diver mag.

Tri-mix for a 100' dive.
Doubles for NDL.
Side mount for back injuries.
Wearing a knife on your leg.
Split fins in current.

Tri-mix for a 100' dive.
Doubles for NDL.
Side mount for back injuries.
Wearing a knife on your leg.
Split fins in current.
you didnt need to add "in current" after "Split fins".

And why is Tri-mix in a 100' "bad advice"? If helium was the same price as O2, I'd be using that sh*t on beach dives!!!

Use your dry suit for buoyancy control. Use your wing only to inflate at surface. Thanks NOAA dry suit dive manual!
I guess that’s why Dry Suit Diving is a separate specialty course. Where a regular OW course concentrates on buoyancy control using BCD or Wing, the WS is a whole other element. If this were 40-50 years or so ago, we could also learn hard hat techniques in a rubberized canvas suit with lead boots.

Use your dry suit for buoyancy control. Use your wing only to inflate at surface. Thanks NOAA dry suit dive manual!

I guess that’s why Dry Suit Diving is a separate specialty course. Where a regular OW course concentrates on buoyancy control using BCD or Wing, the WS is a whole other element. If this were 40-50 years or so ago, we could also learn hard hat techniques in a rubberized canvas suit with lead boots.
Not all agree about using only the drysuit for buoyancy control.
And 40-50 years ago we did not learn in a hard hat and lead boots....that was for military/commercial divers only.

Didn’t yours see my tongue firmly in my left cheek? 😆 Fifty years ago I was learning DH and new dangled SH diving in the Wake Forest pool. I thought that part about doing all one’s buoyancy control with a dry suit sounded kinda sketchy, but you’ve gotta admit that dry suit diving involves a whole other level of training!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom