Best scuba advice you’ve received

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlueTrin

Scallops aficionado
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Let’s have a positive version of the other thread: Bad scuba advice you've received

What’s the best advice you have gotten so far?

I think for me the best advice I got was to buy less stuff but to be picky and buy only the correct equipment for the task.

Edit: I was about to mention something something about fundies but then thought that maybe this would lead to a long winded convo 😂

1. Be prepared and equipped as if you are diving alone but you dive with a buddy. This is the philosophy I have followed since the beginning.
  2. An "advanced diver" is the diver who can observe the dive conditions and has the courage, wisdom and expertise to cancel the dive if the conditions are not safe or right for him.
  3. No Wreck, Grouper or lobster or any catch or a dive worth your life or worth compromising your health or safety.

When I got talked into doing cavern/intro to cave. “It will improve your wreck diving and you’ll be able to dive all winter” (at a former WI mine). Has really expanded my diving. Second would be to do full cave in MX, despite the heat, humidity, and skeeters.

The dive site will be there tomorrow.

I have called more dives as I have gain experience than I did when I first started out. Was up in the Straits of Mackinac earlier this year and conditions were perfect. Decided not to do the second dive because I was having just as much fun watching the Arthur Anderson go by as I would on the wreck.

Back
Top Bottom