Best scuba advice you’ve received

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The dive site will be there tomorrow.

I have called more dives as I have gain experience than I did when I first started out. Was up in the Straits of Mackinac earlier this year and conditions were perfect. Decided not to do the second dive because I was having just as much fun watching the Arthur Anderson go by as I would on the wreck.
The Arthur Anderson has to be at least 55 years old by now. Someone got their moneys worth out of that ship.

Proper decent!
Usually people are taught "Exhale, empty bcd, decend" without being told that order is important!
1. INHALE - Hold your breath (Yes, you are on the surface, completely safe)
2. Empty drysuit while holding your breath
3. Empty BCD while holding your breath (You will still be floating... )
4. Cross your legs (You might be inadvertantly be swimming to keep balance...)
5. Exhale while leaning a little bit forward
The result of this will be that you are 3m+ below and horizontal before you feel the urge to breathe, and hence, you will be able to stay under when you inhale instead of popping to the surface again.
This gave me the calm that I needed to start my dive properly. No stress. No fuzz. Properly weighted!
ORDER is relevant!

"Dive More, Post Less"
That's one of the more divisive stickers in all of cave country. It started as an ad for Amigo's, but has slowly turned into the motto of cave divers that think "real cave divers" don't post on the internet. It has really morphed into something different. I personally have grown to dislike it, as has many others. It's not Wayne's fault. It's just a subset of people that wear it like a badge of honor and use it as a way to discredit the comments of others. (not being political, but just making a reference to an example): It's similar to red maga hats. It started off as a great concept (who doesn't want america to be as great as it can?) but has morphed into something very different and into a way for people to push their political leanings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom