Backup Regulator Necklace Hose Routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry, but since this thread has morphed into a different discussion now. I am a turret up guy (and I am not saying right or wrong) for my Mark Vs when used for singles. The turret does not "spin" but it does rotate as I move my body and turn my head and thus allowing the hoses to take the most natural bend. Like this:

The turret is not confined but except by the hoses and is free to rotate and it does in use.

James

Right, which was my point -- no benefit for single tank. @RobPNW was thinking a turret would reduce the tendency to kink.
In the case of a deco/bailout cylinder, a turret does help to reduce the sharp angle from the first stage when deployed. An Apeks DST is good for this.

Similarly with sidemount where the LHS/short hose comes out at an angle as it's routed behind your neck.

Can you elaborate how your hoses are routed such that the turret spins?
Sure, the primary is on the end port with the long hose, the alternate and LP inflator hose are on side ports. The turret doesn't 'spin' in any dive set up, what it does do is allow hoses to be oriented in a comfortable manner, in this case the alternate and LP inflator hose can find the easiest angle for their length and routing. But the main benefit is the end port, which I don't think exists on many (if any) regulators without turrets. Maybe the SP MK21, if that even still exists, had an optional end port cap. But that's the only one I can think of.

The turret doesn't 'spin' in any dive set up
Left [Edit: Meant right, but I guess I can't type!] post of backmounted doubles doubles is one that could when donated.

Regardless, everyone is talking about the benefits of the bottom/axial port. I couldn't agree more.

Left post of backmounted doubles doubles is one that could when donated.

Regardless, everyone is talking about the benefits of the bottom/axial port. I couldn't agree more.
Sorry to be pedantic, it’s the right post. All kit is left/right as if you’re wearing it, not as you look at it.

Wow this doesn’t make sense at all. What if your primary 2nd has issue, you need to use your own octo?
You bend round the hose so it faces you. Like an incompetent lower case letter e. like a left slung, pony, bailout or stage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom