Backup Regulator Necklace Hose Routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RobPNW

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
If you wear a backup Regulator on a necklace, what's your preference on hose routing, length, rubber or flex hose etc? This is with the assumption you would donate your primary that's on a longer hose.

I like 22" for singles, no swivel or angled adapter at the second stage. I have flex hose because they were out of rubber in that length when I bought it. Not sure there's much weight savings there.

Not sure what you mean by routing. It comes over your right collarbone from the valve.

7ft long hose for me. All rubber. Flex hose failed in me once without visual clue. Cost me one die and ridiculous amount of money for a new rubber hose.

22” for single reg for a long time. I think if I really want to, I can get away with 20”. For double, I need 24”.

So was I. I'm not aware of any alternate routing for a necklaced reg from a back mounted single.

Inquisit,

I'm talking about a backup regulator on a necklace.

Maybe there is some confusion. As @inquisit and @eelnoraa have pointed out they use 22" long hoses for the second stage on a necklace as per your question. In this picture they are referring to the hose covered in red tape.
rs=w:400,cg:true

Here is a link to a nice explanation of how to setup long hose short hose setup F K D

So was I. I'm not aware of any alternate routing for a necklaced reg from a back mounted single.
Would it make a difference if a person never dove in a drysuit?

Maybe there is some confusion. As @inquisit and @eelnoraa have pointed out they use 22" long hoses for the second stage on a necklace as per your question. In this picture they are referring to the hose covered in red tape.
rs=w:400,cg:true

Here is a link to a nice explanation of how to setup long hose short hose setup F K D
Thanks for the picture. That's really helpful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom