Backup Regulator Necklace Hose Routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess in theory, if there's no drysuit inflation hose routing under the left arm, one could route a hose to a necklace that way. I've never done any setup other than the classic beginner diver configuration, that's why I'm asking.
Most 2nd stages need to be routed from right side. You will need find a more unique 2nd stages that let you change then inlet direction to even route from left side. But why the complications?

I have two G260s for this setup so I could do either side, but your suggestions for over the right shoulder still seem best to have a balance of two hoses on each side.

I guess in theory, if there's no drysuit inflation hose routing under the left arm, one could route a hose to a necklace that way. I've never done any setup other than the classic beginner diver configuration, that's why I'm asking.
For what it's worth, this is actually the standard setup in Japan. Here, the octopus runs out the left side. People install their drysuit inflator on the right side, routed under the right arm.

I would like to route my primary regulator on an extended hose under my right arm and up to a fixed 30 degree coupling that I already have for my primary regulator
I have heard of some people having jaw fatigue with that under-the-shoulder approach. Never tried it myself, but I was quite happy with 5' OTS in a wetsuit.

I have the opportunity to get one of the MK19 1st stages at a significant discount for this setup. For that regulator and only single tank diving, is there an advantage of one vertical orientation for the first stage over the other. If the side of the tank valve plays a role, I was assuming my transmitter would be one the side behind my right shoulder. I also don't know if this matters but I have a shorter neck. Maybe one orientation makes it less likely to hit the back of my head?

Wait, by “standard” you mean all octo in Japan is for left side routing? What 2nd stages are they?
For what it's worth, this is actually the standard setup in Japan. Here, the octopus runs out the left side. People install their drysuit inflator on the right side, routed under the right arm.

I have heard of some people having jaw fatigue with that under-the-shoulder approach. Never tried it myself, but I was quite happy with 5' OTS in a wetsuit.
That's why I grabbed one of the angled regulator couplings. I chose a fixed 30 degree to relieve that twist and picked a fixed one because I don't want a swivel to be a point of failure.

I don't know what standard practice is with two computers. I was just envisioning using and trusting my watch unless it fails and then use the backup. But a couple times during the dive, just check the backup as a sanity check in comparison to the primary.

I have the opportunity to get one of the MK19 1st stages at a significant discount for this setup. For that regulator and only single tank diving, is there an advantage of one vertical orientation for the first stage over the other. If the side of the tank valve plays a role, I was assuming my transmitter would be one the side behind my right shoulder. I also don't know if this matters but I have a shorter neck. Maybe one orientation makes it less likely to hit the back of my head?
Most regulators you see will perform good. Mk25/19/17, AA, AL, hog, deep6... for beginners, I think It is more important to have model that can be serviced locally. I am not sure mk19 is one of them. This is officially not available in US. What other reg choice are you considering?

All single tank valve is on the right side behind diver’s head. The only left valve I am aware of is from the left post of the double manifold. If you happen to come across one, definitely use it. It is uncommon for single tank

Back
Top Bottom