Backup Regulator Necklace Hose Routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I am setting the regulator up for Standard Octopus donation, I am using a 24 inch hose for the primary and a 36 inch octo hose for my wife and for me a 38 or 40 inch hose for the (necklaced) octo. If I am setting the regulator up for Long Hose donation I am using a 22 inch hose for the necklaced back up regulator and a 40 inch or a 60 inch for the primary. I am using a 90 degree or 110 degree swivel on the long hose primary in both cases.

For any regulator that goes on a big jet airplane ride, it will have all braided hoses. If I can carry it to the dive site in my truck or boat, it can have rubber hoses or not. But for travel, the braided hoses save weight and pack down easier.

James

Would it make a difference if a person never dove in a drysuit?

Sorry there must be some confusion on what hoses were talking about because a drysuit inflation hose is a completely different hose and has nothing to do with the second stage hoses, hoses lengths and routing.

In the picture below the green hose would represent a drysuit inflation hose. The red hose for the necklace secondary air source still remains the same drysuit or no drysuit
rs=w:400,cg:true

Drysuit, wetsuit, or no nosuit, it's the same. 🙂

Here is a link to a nice explanation of how to setup long hose short hose setup F K D
+1. LOTS of good info there.

No, not really. Like the other feller, I can sneak by with a 20 inch hose on the necklaced back up but it limits my movement to the left a little. I cannot see that a dry suit would have much impact, as long as we are talking single, back mount Hog rigs. I could see that a large person, that being somebody with a thick or muscular build and tall, might want a 24 inch even for the necklaced back up regulator. But 22 inches is fine for my 5-10, somewhat scrawny self :wink:.

James

Here's the whole inventory I'm looking at for a new setup I'm putting together if it helps...

I have an AI watch computer I will probably wear on the right arm so my left arm is free is just do BC adjustments.

I will probably put the transmitter on an HP port behind my right shoulder.

I would like to route my primary regulator on an extended hose under my right arm and up to a fixed 30 degree coupling that I already have for my primary regulator.

I have a very compact AI console computer that will act as a backup computer/spg that will route under my left arm and just clip off on a D ring on my left hip.

Obviously, the LP inflator hose will route over my left shoulder.

So that leaves the backup and it looks like it would route nicely over my right shoulder as you have suggested.

That would give a nice balance of two hoses on each side.

If you plan to donate your primary, then the question I have for you is how long is your primary hose which route under right arm?

For necklace, start with 22” route over right shoulder. It should be ok if not perfect.

Another question I have for you is since you are diving with 2 computers, what is they don’t agree with each other? Are you running one at gauge mode?

How does drysuit play a role? What is the concern?
I guess in theory, if there's no drysuit inflation hose routing under the left arm, one could route a hose to a necklace that way. I've never done any setup other than the classic beginner diver configuration, that's why I'm asking.

Another question I have for you is since you are diving with 2 computers, what is they don’t agree with each other? Are you running one at gauge mode?
Just follow the more conservative one. Or make sure that your primary one is the more conservative one by changing the algorithm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom