Await reviews, Apple Ultra Oceanic+ and Deep 6 Excursion Tech Lite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadada

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Oceanic+ came out today, Deep 6 posted that the Excursion would begin shipping with Tech Lite last Friday, November 25 Thanksgiving Week Specials.

Now, for the reviews. I hope the Ultra is chamber tested again, as it was before Oceanic+ came out. There was at least one Excursion chamber test done also, a good, easy way to see performance and displays.

There was at least one Excursion chamber test done also, a good, easy way to see performance and displays.
When I get the TechLite firmware, I'll do a test in my homemade chamber to see what the displays look like. My chamber is a bit hard to control for ascents, so I'll probably get to see what the violation screens look like too!

When I get the TechLite firmware, I'll do a test in my homemade chamber to see what the displays look like. My chamber is a bit hard to control for ascents, so I'll probably get to see what the violation screens look like too!
May I suggest having some O2 on hand ready? Or just put it on?

Oceanic+ came out today, Deep 6 posted that the Excursion would begin shipping with Tech Lite last Friday, November 25.

Now, for the reviews. I hope the Ultra is chamber tested again, as it was before Oceanic+ came out. There was at least one Excursion chamber test done also, a good, easy way to see performance and displays.
The excursion tech lite has been tested way more than just a single chamber dive 🤣

Exciting to see it finally getting released!

The excursion tech lite has been tested way more than just a single chamber dive 🤣

Exciting to see it finally getting released!
I'd be glad to see some of the beta testers post a review, I'd like to see any review.

Quite a lot of excitement following the release of Oceanic+ on Monday. We have still not answered the questions regarding performance past the depth limits. I wish someone would pop an Ultra with Oceanic+ into a pressure pot and run dives to between 131 and 144 ft, without and with a deco obligation and then repeat that at a depth over 144 ft. That would do it.

I'm surprised we haven't heard anything yet about the Excursion with Tech Lite yet, said to begin shipping last Friday.

Quite a lot of excitement following the release of Oceranic+ on Monday. We have still not answered the questions regarding performance past the depth limits. I wish someone would pop an Ultra with Oceanic+ into a pressure pot and run dives to between 131 and 144 ft, without and with a deco obligation and then repeat that at a depth over 144 ft. That would do it.

I'm surprised we haven't heard anything yet about the Excursion with Tech Lite yet, said to begin shipping last Friday.

A link to upgrade to the tech lite was posted today on Facebook.

The NDL planner looks like it does not consider ascent time. Comparing to Subsurface, the time given corresponds to when the ceiling becomes nonzero. This differs from the Shearwater & Subsurface planners which push the bottom time out such that you surface just as the deco clears (30 fpm ascent assumed). It did pick up the fact that I'm at altitude. You can specify a surface interval in integer hours, and depth in 5 ft increments (max of 130 ft).

I haven't dived with it, but I would expect the same definition of "NDL" to hold during the dive. If so, then NDLs will consequently be a little shorter than a Shearwater. (Not a criticism, just a difference to note.)

Dive screen shows depth, time, PO2, GF, MOD, and gas mix. One button press conveniently brings up the Set Gas menu.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom