August 2012 in Cozumel (Its a dry heat....)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anyone know what makes a small sand hill -like structure about 4-5 inches tall and then has a worm-like thingy made of sand on top? We disrupted the worm like thingy and nothing was there...but something obviously made the structure.
First thought ...... CV hid his tequila bottle underneath, and the worm crawled out!:rofl3: :rofl3:

Get me one for a dodge attitude/Hyundai something. We always get the same one, littte P^%ta car. Some exgirlfriend keyed the trunk. Make it easy to pick out which one of the blue attitudes is ours.
Did you find one?

Living, learning, and paying too much: I ordered a new pad to fix the an old FOB/clicker for my daughter, and ordered a new case & pad so she can have two - then noticed the case did not include the circuit board needed! Turns out there are cheaper sources anyway, but after he would charge me for restocking and round trip postage - I'll just keep it.

Then I found a used FOB, complete and in great shape for less than the other case! Well, I paid twice what I needed to, but that's how it goes at times. I still got it all for $25, cheap enough, and we'll have enough spare parts to make two work.

The trick is to search until you find a listing with the part number, then search again for that, then carefully be sure the listing is for the complete FOB - and in good shape. I don't need another for my car, but I found a worn one I can get for $3 including postage, plus $5 for a new pad - so why not.

Does anyone know what makes a small sand hill -like structure about 4-5 inches tall and then has a worm-like thingy made of sand on top? We disrupted the worm like thingy and nothing was there...but something obviously made the structure.

I think that it is a type of acorn worm, and the sand is what's left after it processes (digests) the sand. So, bottom line you were playing with worm poop! Eeeeeeeewwwww!! Divers will touch anything. :wink:

I think that it is a type of acorn worm, and the sand is what's left after it processes (digests) the sand. So, bottom line you were playing with worm poop! Eeeeeeeewwwww!! Divers will touch anything. :wink:
What did she do with the poor worm?
speechless-smiley-023.gif

:mostlysunny:
mrcool.gif
The Official August ("It's a Dry Heat") List :cool3:

"Here in Cozumel"
Karibelle; Private Residence - :goingdown:
06/06/12 - 08/03/12 hlcdlc; Private Home - Blue XT Sea Diving :consolation:
07/24/12 - 08/03/12 Basscat; Hotel Plaza Cozumel - Blue XT Sea Diving :consolation:
07/27/12 - 08/04/12 Randallr; Scuba Club Cozumel - Scuba Club Cozumel :goingdown:
07/28/12 - 08/04/12 Craig 66 & daughter; Casa Mexicana -Blue XT Sea Diving:goingdown:
07/28/12 - 08/04/12 Coral-Reefer; Private Residence - Blue Project :goingdown:
07/28/12 - 08/05/12 ChainDiver (Mike and Margo); Casa Mexicana -Blue XT Sea Diving or Deep Blue ?:goingdown:
07/28/12 - 08/06/12 MMM;Private Residence - Living Underwater :goingdown:
07/28/12 - 08/07/12 Qnape (BD-28), Mrs. Q & dtr Christine; Cozumel Palace -Blue XT Sea Diving:goingdown:
07/28/12 - 08/18/12 jlyle; Scuba Club Cozumel - Scuba Club Cozumel:goingdown:
07/31/12 - 08/11/12 Pidgiepoo (BD-27) & Husband; Iberostar - Dive with Martin:goingdown:

08/03/12 - 08/10/12 WTFOver; Cozumel Palace - Aldora :goingdown:
08/03/12 - 08/12/12 Sue Sue & Michael (A-19); Villa Escondida -Blue XT Sea Diving :goingdown:[FONT=&amp]
08/05/12 - 08/10/12 Mawg and Mrs. M; Presidente InterContinental-Scuba Du ?
08/08/12 – 08/12/12 gorock; Sabor- ?
08/08/12 - 08/15/12 Kelly and Renee; Iberostar - Dive with Martin
08/09/12 - 08/13/12 weezer; Villa Aldora - Aldora
08/09/12 - 08/26/12 bgda, 5 divers total; Paradise Condos - Dive with Martin
08/11/12 - 08/18/12 Jerry B & 2 other divers; Scuba Club Cozumel - Scuba Club Cozumel
08/11/12 - 08/26/12 azscubadude; Scuba Club Cozumel - Scuba Club Cozumel
08/16/12 - 08/25/12 cvchief, Susanita, Family (15 total); Las Ventanas- Scuba with Alison
08/18/12 - 08/25/12 Merchant; Hotel Cozumel - Dive Paradise
08/18/12 - 08/25/12 wnctarheel & Mrs.; Reef Club - Dive with Martin ?
08/19/12 - 08/26/12 prosdog & Son; Blue Angel Resort -Blue Angel Resort
08/19/12 - 08/26/12 DandyDon (BD-22); Hotel Cozumel - Opal’s Dream
08/23/12 – 08/27/12 aliciamlls (aka scubadoNC) (B-25) & John ; El Cozumeleno Resort - Deep Exposure[/FONT]
08/24/12 - 08/31/12 simskiscuba; Allegro Cozumel - Pro Dive or Aldora
08/27/12 - 09/01/12 Keith.M; Scuba Club Cozumel - Scuba Club Cozumel
08/27/12 - 09/02/12 leoconnor and Mr.; Aura -Blue Angel
08/28/12 - 09/08/12 autiger & Husband; El Cantil - Living Underwater
Later in August ? tom_n_tacoma and Mrs. tnt; Private Home - Blue Angel

Meet & Greet !! Come join in on the fun and meet your fellow Cozumel Scubaboard Friends !!
beerchug.gif

Friday, August 3 & Thursday August 9

Host: Sue Sue 6:30/7 ish -> 8-9ish
La Choza Avenida 10 between Rosado Salas and 3rd Sur

Welcome to "La Choza" - Best Mexican Food Restaurant at Cozumel.

This is a drop in Meet and Greet. Come for dinner or just stop by for a refreshment and say hello. Ask for Angel the waiter and tell him "Baby and Pelon" sent you !

Tuesday, August 21
Host: cvchief 6:30/7ish
El Moro 75 Bis Norte 124 Entre 4 y 2
El Moro Home Page
The August 2012 Scubaboard Get Together and Dandy Don Birthday Spectactular
birthday.gif
[FONT=&amp]Cocktails and Mole' Tasting[/FONT]

It is smart and hid deep in the sand so it wouldn't have to watch her play with its poo.

First thought ...... CV hid his tequila bottle underneath, and the worm crawled out!:rofl3: :rofl3:

OMG I just about choked to death on a cookie I was eating :D
You're gonna be the death of me yet,Kat !!!!

---------- Post Merged at 03:40 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:33 AM ----------

thanks for the info I'll be sure to avoid playing with acorn worm poop in the future..maybe I should change my name to Pidgiepoop...but don't tell Sue Sue !! :)

---------- Post Merged at 03:42 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:33 AM ----------

Oh shut up DD :rofl3:

OMG I just about choked to death on a cookie I was eating :D
You're gonna be the death of me yet,Kat !!!!

Well,I think we need some additional information before we decide if it's entirely my fault ....

• What type of cookies was it?
  • Were you washing it down with tequila? :eyebrow: (Yeah, I bet you found cv's stash and don't want him to know it's gone!)
  • If it is my fault, at least you'll go laughing! :D

Well,I think we need some additional information before we decide if it's entirely my fault ....

• What type of cookies was it?
  • Were you washing it down with tequila? :eyebrow: (Yeah, I bet you found cv's stash and don't want him to know it's gone!)
  • If it is my fault, at least you'll go laughing! :D

It was some kind of chocolate cookie..I don't drink tequilla and my husband thought I looked a little blue, so maybe you're eventually be the cause of my demise...but who wouldn't want to go out laughing.
Diving is super now. Played with two nurse sharks in open water today. Was really having fun with one of them..and then she left us to stear her baby away from our dive group. It was the cutest thing ever. Found another poop pile..but the DM told me I could dig all day and never catch the worm..so I left the pile intact. Gonna bring a shovel on the next trip just so I can see the purple worm.:)

Sue Sue,

I am late to the party but we just made a last minute decision to book a 5 day dive package at the Blue Angel Resort - Aug 19 to 25th.

DH and I stopped in Cozumel for a snorkelling tour in 1989 on a Carnival Cruise ship but I was not yet a diver - I still remember telling my husband to stop kicking me with his feet when I was wading into the water - LOL - it was all the fish swarming towards me cuz they were used to being fed by the snorkellers!

Now I am feeling a wee bit silly again as I see there is talk of United pilot strike and Tropical Storm Ernesto and I just finished booking late last night.

Hopefully, it will all work out and I will get a chance to meet some new friends in Cozumel!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom