August 2012 in Cozumel (Its a dry heat....)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Surely my dedication to this August project should encourage [user]Diver Kat[/user] to volunteer her service to fancy up this list. I am too busy working on low season deals to entertain these hooligans.

I will add mine :). Would be happy to keep the August list going if no one else wants to .

8//2012 Sue Sue & Mike Villa Escondida Blue XTS

CV ... you owe me so many 'List Keeping' drinks already if I was ever able to collect I'd be drunk for a month! :drunks:

And don't be harassing my buddy Sue Sue because she was nice enough to offer and keep you from actually having to work at something! We're due for a get-together lunch soon anyway, so I'll make sure to update her on ALL the CV dirt! :rofl3: (Sue Sue .... run, run for your life!!! He's very fussy about HIS list!!)

As for August ... I remember doing one trip to Coz in August .... and I remember it was so darn hot & humid it was hard to breath without a reg & tank! :shocked2:

so I've gone the last few years in August and loved it. And trying this year but the price has more than doubled this year, mainly due to the airfare from Baltimore and making it a deal breaker:( any more orbitz 200vacations promos out there to make it more affordable?

so I've gone the last few years in August and loved it. And trying this year but the price has more than doubled this year, mainly due to the airfare from Baltimore and making it a deal breaker:( any more orbitz 200vacations promos out there to make it more affordable?

Well, two choices.
1. You could fly AA with a stop in TX or MIA for like 476.
2. Or you could book with El Jefe Travel. I think I can add two seats on the NONSTOPS, BWI-CUN, CUN-BWI for like 471 if you fly with my group travel, 8/16-25. Have to check the contract to confirm that and you would need to decide SOON before I make the last BIG payment on our group. You would also need to give me your sizes for the group travel t-shirts.:ironmyshirt:

Reading this thread and you guys are scaring me. The wife and I are headed to Cozumel the first week of July and expected it to be hot but how hot? Central California is hot in July but we don't have humidity to go with it. Already know I can't hide underwater the entire time we're there.

CV ... you owe me so many 'List Keeping' drinks already if I was ever able to collect I'd be drunk for a month! :drunks:

And don't be harassing my buddy Sue Sue because she was nice enough to offer and keep you from actually having to work at something! We're due for a get-together lunch soon anyway, so I'll make sure to update her on ALL the CV dirt! :rofl3: (Sue Sue .... run, run for your life!!! He's very fussy about HIS list!!)

As for August ... I remember doing one trip to Coz in August .... and I remember it was so darn hot & humid it was hard to breath without a reg & tank! :shocked2:

I am soooo sceered now.
eyecrazy.gif
Guess I will have to stay on task for sure or elst that cvcheif man will git me :). I'll give it my best shot.

Yes, Kat, lunch is in order soon. Same place ? PM me and give me a few dates/times. See you soon. SS

---------- Post added ----------

First round on you? You owe me a lot more than one...!! :laughing:

What is this heat you speak of? I go to Coz in August to cool off! It is so much cooler there than even in the cooler part of Texas on the northern High Plains. Jeeze, such pansies. Wear cotton, drink & sweat - no biggie. Coba, Chichen Itza, Ek Balam - those are inland and hot. Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, Houston - all inland and humid: very hot. San Miguel is nice. :crafty:

We went in August a few years ago and said we'd never go then again. It was HOT. Would we go again this August if we could? In a heartbeat! :D

Besides...ever been to Arkansas in the summer? :losecool:
Yeah, it's worse that the Texas Panhandle. You have humidity there, but then you have water. Coz is nothing compared to there. Why are you whining? You must stay indoors all summer at home. I like to wait until it's over 90F to mow grass as it doesn't gum up the mower.

So this is not supposed to be the August list, right? Chief is bad about hijacking threads, but he started this one.

I hear you DD, If we have a repeat of last summer here, Coz in August will be a cake walk compared to the temps we had with NO rain here in Texas. As far as the list goes, this is the official thread for the August List. I have volunteered to be the keeper for cvcheif. However, I was having some problems posting at first for some reason and started a new thread. But now, as you can see, it worked out here just fine. We just need to ignore the other one, or perhaps a mod can make it go away.:D

:mostlysunny:
mrcool.gif
The Official August 2012 (It's a dry heat....) List

07/28/12 - 08/18/12 jlyle Scuba Club Cozumel

08/03/12 - 08/12/12 Sue Sue & Michael Villa Escondida, Blue XT Sea Diving
08/16/12 - 08/25/12 cvcheif, Susanita, Family (15 total) Las Ventanas, Scuba with Alison

Heck, I live in San Antonio, I'm going to Coz in August to cool off. My third time there after trips in June and December of previous years. Curious to see how the weather and heat compare for this time of year. August 19 to the 26th with my recent high school graduate son. He starts college the day after we get back. Staying and diving with Blue Angel. Hope to meet some of you.

First round on you? You owe me a lot more than one...!! :laughing:

What is this heat you speak of? I go to Coz in August to cool off! It is so much cooler there than even in the cooler part of Texas on the northern High Plains. Jeeze, such pansies. Wear cotton, drink & sweat - no biggie. Coba, Chichen Itza, Ek Balam - those are inland and hot. Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, Houston - all inland and humid: very hot. San Miguel is nice. :crafty:

Yeah, it's worse that the Texas Panhandle. You have humidity there, but then you have water. Coz is nothing compared to there. Why are you whining? You must stay indoors all summer at home. I like to wait until it's over 90F to mow grass as it doesn't gum up the mower.

So this is not supposed to be the August list, right? Chief is bad about hijacking threads, but he started this one.

Ok, maybe two. And I was talking about the August list and heat, so I think you have FAILED to hijack this thread! Isn't your birthday in August? Oh, and do you know how many people drop dead from mowing in the heat. Look it up people....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom