August 2012 in Cozumel (Its a dry heat....)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

July 28 to Aug 18 at SCC. We've been on the island every August each of the past twenty-two years.

Near the water, the temperatures are in the mid to high eighties. It's much hotter further inland, but I don't go there.

Well we are one block in from the water, so hopefully that is not 'further' inland....:fire: Now that I need asbestos sandals. You can still get asbestos in MX right?

been there done that,wish I could do it again. But the good news is that I will be back on the island tommorow. Just let your family know that they will be wet, wether from the ocean or the sun. don't have to dive to get wet. But you can tell them that just like my wife and myself many years ago we came as snorklers, and left as scuba divers.

Seriously, am I the only person crazy enough to brave the heat of August?

We went in August a few years ago and said we'd never go then again. It was HOT. Would we go again this August if we could? In a heartbeat! :D

Besides...ever been to Arkansas in the summer? :losecool:

I will add mine :). Would be happy to keep the August list going if no one else wants to .

8//2012 Sue Sue & Mike Villa Escondida Blue XTS

Going to miss this August. It's the first time in years we have not gone. Just booked a trip for October. Have a great time!

I will add mine :). Would be happy to keep the August list going if no one else wants to .

8//2012 Sue Sue & Mike Villa Escondida Blue XTS

Well, Sue Sue that would be nice as long as you accept I am demanding of the list keeper for lists on which I appear. And if you add your dates and they match, I will by a round or two..... or three.... :)

Well, Sue Sue that would be nice as long as you accept I am demanding of the list keeper for lists on which I appear. And if you add your dates and they match, I will by a round or two..... or three.... :)

He tries to be a royal PITA, but he....fails miserably (I kept the Feb 2012 list :winky:)

I would, but I have only got 4 of the 15 cert-ed. That leaves at least 11 I can't allow to wander around with out a chaperone..... :) I don't want to come up from a dive and see flames in the distance.

Seriously? You're the chaperone? :rofl3:

I used to head down every year in July or August. My dive buddy was a teacher so that's when we could go. For years I never knew any better, I thought it was always HOT and humid! Didn't really matter, when it gets really miserable, head for the turquoise waters under a bright blue sky and just the sight of it will cure your ills :)

Just stay away from downtown except early in the day or near/after sunset.

He tries to be a royal PITA, but he....fails miserably (I kept the Feb 2012 list :winky:)

Tell my wife. She claims I am REALLY successful at that....

Seriously? You're the chaperone? :rofl3:

I used to head down every year in July or August. My dive buddy was a teacher so that's when we could go. For years I never knew any better, I thought it was always HOT and humid! Didn't really matter, when it gets really miserable, head for the turquoise waters under a bright blue sky and just the sight of it will cure your ills :)

Park by water, drink Sol. Repeat. Got it! And there was only the one time I lost a nephew back at the Grand days. And we found him. And he recovered..... So, yes, call me Julie the tour guide.

Just stay away from downtown except early in the day or near/after sunset.

Holy Kriminee. The price for me just went up. Thanks Ron. I'm gonna pull down your socks when I see you!

You should have taken the cat....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom