Atomic Vs Oceanic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh and your comment on my signature line wasn't an opinion of my opinion?:no:

Actually I was agreeing with your signature line and thinking... if you don't follow your own advice who will? :D

as a former lds manager.. i sold both oceanic and atomic.. and i prefer atomic 200% over oceanic.. the little bit more you spend in the beginning is made up when only getting it serviced every two years. but both are great brands.. im just an atomic kinda girl!

I use an Oceanic reg and do like it but have always been told the Atomics are very nice. Next time I will try one out but for now the GT3/cdx-5 does a very good job.

See if the shop has any in rental that you can try. If they don't maybe they should.

See if the shop has any in rental that you can try. If they don't maybe they should.

I agree with Mayor, and see if you can rent one, or rent both kinds and try them out. These are both top of the line regs, and both have top of the line support from their company's, so it's really going to come down to personal preference and which one works best for you. Either way, I don't think you can go wrong with either choice.

Just to clarify, I have no idea about Oceanic, but Atomic manufactures all the metal components in our facility in Oceanside that is called Atomica. The parts are deliverd daily and every reg we make is assembled in our main office, where I'm at in Huntington Beach CA and every regulator is tested in our ANSTI chamber to 165 feet before being boxed in our warehouse here.

I'm here Monday-Friday to answer any questions you may have.
Cheers,
Darcy Benward
Atomic Aquatics

I'm here Monday-Friday to answer any questions you may have.
Cheers,
Darcy Benward
Atomic Aquatics

Darcy, you should have the mods on this board create a section specifically for Atomic Aquatics under the 'Q and A for Scuba Manufacturers' where people could find you more easily and ask more questions about Atomic products & parts. Doug Krause does an excellent job of this for Oceanic.

I have been diving a Oceanic Delta 4 for the past 3 years. I recently had a chance to dive an Atomic T2 titanium on a three tank offshore to at least 100ft. It was by far a better breathing reg. I would swap my Delta 4 in a heartbeat. I will be looking at the ST1 in the near future.

I think my diving is on the other end of the spectrum of what you would do with you regs but this is my two cents .

I have 4 atomic m1's and a z2 i have tried every other reg and none have even come close to taking my atomics off my back gas they have been to 200 ft in 35 deg water and have been on drift dives were the the water temp was below freezing . Or 1500ft from the hole on a ice dive in 33 deg water they always got me home .

My first m1 has around 1500 dives on it and is still my primary reg .

I have test dove the ocieanic eos i would say it was ok but would i trust it at 200 ft in lake huron i would say no

If you want a balanced diaphram reg look into and mk17/g250v from scubapro or something from apeks they are much better regs.

But if not. Atomic all the way

I have no first hand knowledge about Oceanic regs, but I do have a Atomic ST1 and love it. I have about 100 dives on it over the last year and have zero negative things to say about it. I had used six or seven different mid to highend Mares regs over the years and like them a lot, but for now, Atomic gets my dollars.

+1 for Atomic. Lobster diving in all orientations they breathe easy and dry. I dive with the T2X primary and Ti2 Octo. Also have a Z2 on a pony bottle and an M1 which was my primary that I plan to repurpose for stage bottles etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom