Atomic Vs Oceanic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What has you focused on the ST1 on the Atomic side?

The Z2 (or Z2x) will give you all of the performance at a lower price.

Try them both and decide which feels better to you. For my money, the Atomic with the wide exhaust T is where it's at.

My wife got a Zx2 and I used it on some extra training and got one for myself.

The swivels on the Oceanic regs look suspiciously like the swivels on the Atomic second stages...hint, hint.

Spoken like a loyal Oceanic user. Maybe one who's never used an Atomic. I was using the prices posted. You can get either brand for less than list.

More like a Oceanic user that has tried a few mainstream regs and then decided on a top performer without being taken advantage of by dive shops that want to play old school and not discount products. Shops that carry the lines of manufacturers that preach MARP and level playing field. The manufacturers that over advertize and inflate the worth of their product.
Please don't pass me the cool-aid I'm not that easy to brain wash.

Hmm, doesn't that make you wonder why the Atomic regs cost so much more?:shakehead:

Automatic Flow Control, seat saving orifice, valve body metals, along with some patent premium and just charging more just for what they (and some users) think is a superior product.

You can argue all day long that those features are or are not worth the money, but it's silly to imply that the Oceanic and the Atomic are technical equivalents because the swivel looks similar.

Hmm, doesn't that make you wonder why the Atomic regs cost so much more?:shakehead:

Humm... I just read something about "Opinon's." Now where did I see that?:wink:

Our local technical diving instructor (my pal TJ), made a 285 foot deep sinkhole dive last Summer using an Oceanic Delta regulator. He has an Atomic regulator too. I have used his Atomic and it is quite good.

When the expert selects Oceanic for a challenging dive, that is significant.

I dive a pair of Atomic M1s and I'm quite satisfied.

What is the recommended service interval for Oceanic regs?

My Atomics are every two years. Might well be worth it to someone who figures the total cost of ownership instead of just the up front purchase price.

My local tech dive shop switched from Atomic and Oceanic to Apeks/Aqualung.

Happened right after he was no longer the only Atomic and Oceanic dealer around.

:popcorn:

I have a Sherwood SR1 (love it!) and an Atomic B2 (Love it!). Both can be had for under MAP pricing if you're on good terms with your dive shop. The B2 will end up costing me less in just a few years due to the 2-year service interval. Parts and labor are about 75% the cost of the annual services for other brands. And the Oceanic swivels look so much like the Atomic swivels that Oceanic pays royalties to Atomic for that (so I hear - was a lawsuit I guess).

Not to take ANYTHING away from Oceanic. They make some really terrific gear but I am less familiar with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom