Atomic users

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What brands does your local dive shop carry? How far is Jim Lapenta from you? He is well respected in the dive community and he can set you up...He can help you spend as little or as much as you want!

With thousands of dives between them in all kinds of conditions and both working in the industry....
Regardless, it is the internet. Suggesting Atomic as a poor choice for ocean diving is a bit suspect.

Any recommendations for me to do more research?
1. Sealed or unsealed.
2. Diaphragm vs piston.

Enjoy and have fun.

Recent discussion on SB:

I would also strongly against Atomic if you're doing primarily ocean diving, they're annoying to keep salt out of on those long boat rides.
What are you talking about? I’ve been diving Atomic for 7 years with ZERO issues - pretty much all ocean boat diving except for a few training dives. I have several friends who also dive Atomic and also have zero issues and love them!

Where are you claiming salt is getting in (that would not get in once submerged)?

I personally love the way my Atomic regs breathe and the fact that they’ve been trouble free.

1. Sealed or unsealed.
2. Diaphragm vs piston.

Enjoy and have fun.

Recent discussion on SB:
From what I am reading it should be sealed for non clear tropical water and the jury is still out on diaphragm or piston

@Tracerbullet - You have a Sherwood dealer near you?

From my recent experiences, the SR2 is a best of both worlds choice....

This is so ridiculous, of course Atomic will work fine. They work fine for professionals and for a typical recreational diver who does 10-20 outings a year, just about ANY regulator will be fine.

You should spend more time researching dishwashers, before you buy one - you will use it a hell of a lot more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom