Atomic users

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi @El Diablo

That was a good idea, some interesting reading. The dive shop can be found at DCP - Dive Center Paradise - ALLES FÜRS TAUCHEN

With some searching, I found that they use a bench testing system made by pressureguard PressureGuard – precision for breathing

View attachment 723274
View attachment 723276

It is a dry test. If one wanted to do it under pressure, it appears you would also need a pressure chamber, perhaps the shop has one. The breath volume is adjustable, default 2,500 ml. The breathing rate is also adjustable, default 25 BPM. It would appear to comply to the European conformance standard if pressurized to 6 atm. I don't know what PCTUV/CE is in the last bullet, perhaps that is a pressure chamber.

Very interesting
WOW! That's unbelievable research Sir, well done :)

Being German, I am sure they follow all regulations to the 'dot' lol
Imagine that they refused to instally Miflex hoses on my Scubapro regs because Scubapro doesn't approve them officially... no big deal but nevertheless worth to be mentioned just to highlight how strict they are.

They are a good store, I found them due to the good reviews online.

Hi @El Diablo

Well worth taking a look at their website, impressive.

Can you confirm that they have their regulator testing system in a pressure chamber? I would assume that they do as you stated previously that you thought your reg tests were done at 5 atm.

Hi @El Diablo

Well worth taking a look at their website, impressive.

Can you confirm that they have their regulator testing system in a pressure chamber? I would assume that they do as you stated previously that you thought your reg tests were done at 5 atm.
Sure, I can check with them the next time I service my regs (probably next month as coincidentally my Atomic SS1 needs service).

Back
Top Bottom