Are the wreckmaniacs finally dead!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know if the 5mm would work in November or not, I have not dove in NC waters since 2000, but trying to get a trip going in September....see top of forum Group Trip with Cape Fear Dviers.

Don't know if you got the email Gypsy is also having a big sale and pizza party this Saturday. If my Myrtle Beach dive falls through I may since I am considering a new regulator setup.

Good luck. Oh yes and welcome to the site.

I'm all for taking NetDoc up on his most generous offer. It's up to ya'll though, I'm just along for the ride.. :)

Matt

a sale AND pizza ??? :06:
now lemme think >>> why did i leave the triangle again????
( oh, right - work - root of despair, but it fuels the ski & scuba need )

Linda - I could definitely get into a late sept weekend trip - 24th would be be an option for me given my current schedule. will leave a note under your other thread.

thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

blowin_bubbles:
Sounds like a plan to me! Pretty much any Sunday - i'll be out there - figure no harm in doing all my skills classes somewhere where they have a chamber 15 paces from the dock (LOL) . Doing an u/w archaeolgy class this weekend (just an excuse for nitrox)

BB, Who is your instructor out at Bluestone?

Also, we should be going out to Bluestone soon because Ken (kwickert) needs to meet Bobby about a drysuit. I know Jason wants to meet us as well. Maybe we can get the rest of the group together. Gerry (UnderH2O), Marci (BabyDuck), Charlie (NCDiver2004) and Henry (plankspanker) are nearby as well so maybe they can meet us.

I agree with Matt, it's a very generous offer and as much as I love the mighty ScubaBoard, it is nice to have our own little space as well. Thanks Doc!

Welcome to Blowing Bubbles!

It seems like we usually try to meet at Lake Rawlings about once a month.

I haven't been to Bluestone yet, but am looking to try out a drysuit that Bobby is selling and maybe we'll be able to get a small group together then... When we set a date, I will post a thread.

Everyone can watch a few feet first ascents... :D

Ken

My vote would be to take ScubaBoard up on their offer as well, but like the others I will go along with what the founders decide.

Are we still planning on the DAN Treasure Hunt at Bluestone in October?

suthnbelle:
BB, Who is your instructor out at Bluestone?

Blue Stone Instructors so far -
Michael Bourne ( i re-took PADI OW since i hadn't dove in years)
Bill Adams - Nitrox
Dorothy (?) - u/w archaeology

ya'll come on down - the vis is >> well, quarry-like :wink: , but overall, pretty relaxed place to spend the day. actually, they are having a dive social this saturday night ($20 covers your diving 4p to 9p and they provide the cook-out). anyone interested?

super easy to get to off of I-85 or US-64 (thomasville area)

We've gone out there before for get togethers. Unfortunately, I can't do this Saturday. Everyone can pipe in and tell what Sunday would work for them? Bobby is off Sundays so that is better for us. Ken, when did you want to go out and try out the drysuit?

Mel

blowin_bubbles:
Blue Stone Instructors so far -
Michael Bourne ( i re-took PADI OW since i hadn't dove in years)
Bill Adams - Nitrox
Dorothy (?) - u/w archaeology

ya'll come on down - the vis is >> well, quarry-like :wink: , but overall, pretty relaxed place to spend the day. actually, they are having a dive social this saturday night ($20 covers your diving 4p to 9p and they provide the cook-out). anyone interested?

super easy to get to off of I-85 or US-64 (thomasville area)

I am headed down to Myrtle Beach to dive City of Houston on Saturday if the boat goes so that won't work for me, however if anyone wants to join me on the City of Houston that would be great. I hear you can find some neat stuff there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom