AquaSafari

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bill, I have read this entire thread and all I can say is Well Done!!!! Your commitment to customer service is not only stated but demonstrated. "You definately walk the talk!!"

I gotta say class act response from Aqua Safari. Polite, courteous, and effective response without any misdirected anger. I have to say this is very impressive. Thanks!

I am very very happy for everything working out.
My wife and I continue to recomend Aqua Safari for Japanese divers who are dreaming of diving in Coz.looking forward to diving with Aquaf Safari soon.Thanks you!

Yeah, I have to say that I will probably dive with Aqua Safari on my next Cozumel trip!

Let's all join hands and sing along... "Kumbaya...." ;^)
Does it ever worry you how often we seem to think alike...?

Let's all join hands and sing along... "Kumbaya...." ;^)
:rofl3:

Let's see if I can summarize:

A boat Captain nearly runs over the flag of some shore divers while setting up to drop some divers.

The shore divers surface and have a heated exchange with the captain and a DM.

The angry shore divers post about the incident on multiple forums.

Lots of speculation. Some question the motives of the shore diver. Other swear they'll never use that dive operator.

The shore divers meet with dive op owner a day or two later.

While not explicitly admitting that his captain ran over the flag, the dive op owner says that he's sending his captain off to get a set of glasses.

Now everyone says that the dive operator is wonderful.

Yep. Kumbaya time!

I would like to provide you amazingly avid readers a full report; I have followed it as I would do an accident report, and though urged by several people in the last few days to rapidly respond to the board, I'd rather get it right than get it in quickly.

Captain Ernesto Witzil, better known as Chivo, has an appointment to get his eyes checked on Wed - late afternoon, with Dr. Conchita Planas. He is now 40 years old, and what better time or motivation to get his sight checked? For now let me just say Chivo has been with Aqua Safari for 28 years, 18 of those years in command of one of our boats, if the wind kicks up, he's an experienced Captain that any operator would envy having, and when I showed him this forum on the internet, he was shocked. It was a shocking intro - his first time on the internet.

I humbly hope you will all stay tuned for just a bit longer.
Sinceramente,
Bill Horn
Were you able to determine the root cause of the incident?

Although you have sent Chivo off to get his sight checked, the real cause may have been something quite different, such as

the momentary lapse of attention that happens to the best of us .... or

he was trying to perform some other duties at the same time which took his attention away from piloting the boat ....... or

he wasn't expecting any shore divers and since there were no boats in the area, he simply wasn't even looking for dive flags, ..... or

??? ????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom