Info Aqualung Financial Troubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Someone should make a movie about these sort of business practices
IMG_6314.jpeg

It seems like Aqualung has some financial troubles that puts it at some degree of risk of bankruptcy. They have been given a hard timeline to implement a 'get-well' plan . I am just throwing this out there for discussion. I am mostly interested in the old heads that have seen this situation before with other manufacturers and their assessment of what the fall out typically looks like. I sure do enjoy my Apeks regulators, but they are overpriced in the US and under Aqualung's umbrella that ultimately falls under a private equity firm's ownership that seems to be super distant from shops/regular divers. Sounds like they set their hat on blaming the supply chain for their financial woes. I feel that may be partly the case, but given the nature of private equity firms, the second someone else wants to try and polish their turd they made, they will sell and that shakes things up even worse for the end user. It definitely gives me pause when considering regulator choices with long term ownership as a factor.
intresting

actually the truth will tell, and what you stated regards it being sold to Barings is not true.

Baring's got Aqua Lung by acquisition not by purchase which is what happens when something is sold.

You know, you really have an issue with saying things as fact that aren't. It's a pattern.
You are correct, the Montagu/Barings transaction was an acquisition, not a sale. I used the wrong term in my description.

Back
Top Bottom