Apeks VX1 mask questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Narrow face : I have to take the smallest size for a hat. Glasses are generally to large for me and for a mask, I have to take the small version like for the Mares or the ScubaPro I mentionned.

Anyway, thank you for your feedback.
Disregard my feedback, I have quite a big head :/

No pun intended

You may want to take a look at Atomic frameless medium size. (smallest size for women teenagers etc).
Il already tried a Atomic. Don't remember which one but it was very difficult to pinch my nose. I didn't buy it because of that.

I bought 2 of these and was very very disappointed, one of them did not even last a year before I broke it. I am a die hard Apeks fan and love there stuff and really wanted this to be a good mask but the first one I had broke after about 150hr the second after about 300hr

As @Ben_3 has said The issue is the strap is connect to a little plastic clip and that plastic clip is factory (not user accessible or changeable) connected to a silicon "lug/tab" that is molded into the frame of the mask. This little lug/tab ripped making it impossible to repair so the mask is useless. I tried super glue on one and that only lasted about 30 second, also tries aqua seal and same thing.

Pretty annoying when your mask only last you a year or 2.

View attachment 736362

View attachment 736363

Mine did not break like yours. This happened on both sides of my mask and my buddies mask too. We do not over tighten our straps.

Attachments

• 6EA92D05-6120-4BD7-B8A5-F1F5A6442F11.jpeg
    6EA92D05-6120-4BD7-B8A5-F1F5A6442F11.jpeg
    94.9 KB · Views: 124
Mine did not break like yours. This happened on both sides of my mask and my buddies mask too. We do not over tighten our straps.
Did your break or not break?

Along with the 2 that I broke and the way @Ben_3 broke his I have heard that sometime the actual plastic clip tends to brake as well.

Not to sure what happened with Apeks but clearly there seems to be some flaws in the way the strap connects to the mask.

1659591267431.png

1659591282138.png

Apeks VX1 mask fits nicely. No leaks. Visibility is good all round. It does tend to fog up during cold water dives even when you apply spit or anti-fog gel. The flexible joints linking the mask to the straps are flimsy and it wouldn’t take much to break. I keep the straps loose.

Along with the 2 that I broke and the way @Ben_3 broke his I have heard that sometime the actual plastic clip tends to brake as well.

Not to sure what happened with Apeks but clearly there seems to be some flaws in the way the strap connects to the mask.

View attachment 736502

View attachment 736503
I guess mine will break soon then, maybe I’ll send this thread to their customer service so they can improve the design?

I just received the VX1 UV mask and was wondering if anyone here had this model and had any advice on prepping the mask to dive fog free. I know all the normal techniques but was wondering if the UV makes a difference in how to prep it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom