Comparing Atomic Frameless 2 with other masks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The reason I'm so insistent on frameless 2 is because I have moustache and I read the it has one of the softest skirts. While I suspect I'll need some kind of cream to prevent leaks altogether, I'd hope that frameless 2 would provide me with the best baseline.
Regardless of the moustache, a mask that doesn't really fit can be prone to leak or be uncomfortable, possibly both.
Buying a mask without trying on is a gamble, so I would take one that has been tested and fits well over one that has softer skirt but unknown fit.

As an aside, the original Atomic Frameless is one of two masks that fit me very well, but the Atomic Framless 2 does not fit. So a good point made by Nemrod above.

Regardless of the moustache, a mask that doesn't really fit can be prone to leak or be uncomfortable, possibly both.
Buying a mask without trying on is a gamble, so I would take one that has been tested and fits well over one that has softer skirt but unknown fit.

As an aside, the original Atomic Frameless is one of two masks that fit me very well, but the Atomic Framless 2 does not fit. So a good point made by Nemrod above.
I am in the same boat - frameless fits great, frameless 2 doesn’t fit….
I have not tried any other masks on the list, because once I found what fits best then I stopped looking.

Atomics skirt is firmer than the spongy seal that doesn't seal on my spongy face and not enough skirt above lip

Not a fan of frameless masks...

388.JPG

Ha ah aha ah aha ha I need to find mine and bolt it to a wall somewhere

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom