Apeks VX1 mask questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

no news on the UV version yet. That's the one I am waiting on..
I hope they've done the UV coating the right way. So you can still see through it and see the diver's eyes.
I've had a mask with coating and my buddies weren't happy with it, they couldn't see my eyes.
Didn't even try to use it when instructing after that.
The mask got a downgrade to backup-mask since then . . .

Mine just arrived yesterday. Ordered it in the UK then had it sent out to me as waiting for aqualung australia to get their faeces together meant i would be waiting a rather long time.

Overall the quality feels amazing which frankly i expected no less from apeks, perfect seal although admittedly most masks seal on my fat face. The case it comes in is a particulary nice touch.
The neoprene strap, which I intended to use, sucks balls though.
You are definitely not wrong, went straight in the spares box never to be seen again. I don't know why they didn't just go for the conventional sleeve style one.

Looks pretty similar to the Aqualung Reveal X1. Is it a rebrand of the Aqualung mask?

Looks pretty similar to the Aqualung Reveal X1. Is it a rebrand of the Aqualung mask?
I don't think so. The VX1 is frameless, and I don't think that is true of the X1. The glass used in the Apeks is definitely different.
I have no doubt they are both from Aqualung owned Technisub, so similarities are to be expected.

I picked up a white / clear one this week. Feels like a very nice mask. Going from an Atomic Venom which is a heavier/bulkier build.... pretty excited to try it out.

Main reason to stray from my Atomic mask is that the nose is deeply embedded in the frame.... so its hard to pinch the nose with heavilly gloved hands. The VX1 doesn't seem to have that issue best I can tell.

Also it sounded like the UV variant might not ship in the U.S. for some time.. some quality issues that Apeks wasn't happy with.

Also it sounded like the UV variant might not ship in the U.S. for some time.. some quality issues that Apeks wasn't happy with.

I was planning on getting the the UV version, the shop told me they ordered them so I guess they are available but I have also heard rumours that they took them off production.

Let us know how you like the mask after a few dives.

I was planning on getting the the UV version, the shop told me they ordered them so I guess they are available but I have also heard rumours that they took them off production.

Let us know how you like the mask after a few dives.
The UV cut version was originally expected in early August in the US. Pre-orders were taken a few months ago, but nothing has shipped yet. I haven't asked about it, but have no reason to think that the mention of a quality control issue might not be the problem. That would certainly make sense, and its not as though nothing like that has ever happened before.

The UV cut version was originally expected in early August in the US. Pre-orders were taken a few months ago, but nothing has shipped yet. I haven't asked about it, but have no reason to think that the mention of a quality control issue might not be the problem. That would certainly make sense, and its not as though nothing like that has ever happened before.

I just sent an e-mail directly to Apexs, lets see if they answer me.

I got a fast reply from Apexs concerning theVX1 UV. They say it’s a stock issue and are having trouble meeting product demande but it should be back in stock soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom