Apeks VX1 mask questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's been a long time since the last post but I would be interested by additional feedbacks about the Apeks VX1 for narrow face.
I currently have the Scubapro Synergy Mini which is ok even it could be uncomfortable sometimes.

Is there anyone who has a narrow face and happy with the VX1?

It's been a long time since the last post but I would be interested by additional feedbacks about the Apeks VX1 for narrow face.
I currently have the Scubapro Synergy Mini which is ok even it could be uncomfortable sometimes.

I bought it recently for my partner and it is one of the highest quality masks I have ever seen. Silicone super soft and sits nicely to the face. However both of us have wide faces and large heads so I can’t comment on narrow face portion.

Best to try it on before if you can but it's not a wide mask. It seems to fit a lot of people.

The VX1 is really confortable. A buddy and me have had an issue with this mask after some use and we are going to try to follow up with the company.

Best to try it on before if you can but it's not a wide mask. It seems to fit a lot of people.

The VX1 is really confortable. A buddy and me have had an issue with this mask after some use and we are going to try to follow up with the company.
I can’t try it. And even so, I already bought a mask seemed right in the store but when I was underwater was not so nice…

What kind of issue do you have?

I can’t try it. And even so, I already bought a mask seemed right in the store but when I was underwater was not so nice…

What kind of issue do you have?
Where the strap rollers attaches to the mask meet, the rubber failed.

This might not be common so I don’t want this to come across negatively because I really like the mask. I do find this unusual so I sent an email.

Is there anyone with some hands-on experience with this mask yet?
How's the overall quality
I'm looking for a new (black) mask to replace my transparent x-vision's and I'm interested in this mask.
Currently I use a mares x-vision liquidskin mid size mask.
I also have a x-vision spare which is normal size, but this one feels a bit too wide for my face.
So the question is, how is the VX1 shaped, does it lean more towards a wider face,
a smaller face or is is more or less avarage . . . .

Also apeks states it is italian designed and made . . . . so would it be a mares mask rebranded?

I bought 2 of these and was very very disappointed, one of them did not even last a year before I broke it. I am a die hard Apeks fan and love there stuff and really wanted this to be a good mask but the first one I had broke after about 150hr the second after about 300hr

As @Ben_3 has said The issue is the strap is connect to a little plastic clip and that plastic clip is factory (not user accessible or changeable) connected to a silicon "lug/tab" that is molded into the frame of the mask. This little lug/tab ripped making it impossible to repair so the mask is useless. I tried super glue on one and that only lasted about 30 second, also tries aqua seal and same thing.

Pretty annoying when your mask only last you a year or 2.

1659501122570.png

1659501134262.png

I use the VX1 for my mask and backup.

I don’t know how you define narrow for a face tbh.

The skirt is softer than my previous Tusa mask and as a result it is more likely to leak if you overtighten the straps, but I don’t have any issues once I have set it correctly.

I have only about 130h on them.

I use the VX1 for my mask and backup.

I don’t know how you define narrow for a face tbh.

The skirt is softer than my previous Tusa mask and as a result it is more likely to leak if you overtighten the straps, but I don’t have any issues once I have set it correctly.

I have only about 130h on them.

Narrow face : I have to take the smallest size for a hat. Glasses are generally to large for me and for a mask, I have to take the small version like for the Mares or the ScubaPro I mentionned.

Anyway, thank you for your feedback.

Narrow face : I have to take the smallest size for a hat. Glasses are generally to large for me and for a mask, I have to take the small version like for the Mares or the ScubaPro I mentionned.

Anyway, thank you for your feedback.

You may want to take a look at Atomic frameless medium size. (smallest size for women teenagers etc).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom