Apeks VX1 mask questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just received the VX1 UV mask and was wondering if anyone here had this model and had any advice on prepping the mask to dive fog free. I know all the normal techniques but was wondering if the UV makes a difference in how to prep it.
I got a UV one recently as well, my treatment (inspired by Apeks' instructional video) was a little different than with my non-coated mask, out of an abundance of caution:

1. used neutral pH soap, which in my case was liquid dish soap (skin soaps tend not to be neutral, as I've learn with this occasion); all other methods (especially fire) seemed much too risky to me, in terms of stripping the coating
  2. put a bit on the mask and pushed it around with my finger to cover the inside lens surface
  3. left it on for a few hours
  4. rinsed, repeat a few times (did this over the course of a weekend afternoon)
  5. regular anti-fog treatments before the dive
Hope this helps! Mask has been great so far.

My VX1 just broke today after 100 dives on it.

Same place on the mask attachment than the others.

My VX1 just broke today after 100 dives on it.

Same place on the mask attachment than the others.
That too bad, it's a nice mask.

A while back I contacted APEKS about my issue and they told me after a certain time they wont cover it. If I remember correctly they cover 2 years for defects.

Aqua Lung have a mask that is like the VX1, I wonder if they had any issues with that one as well.

That too bad, it's a nice mask.

A while back I contacted APEKS about my issue and they told me after a certain time they wont cover it. If I remember correctly they cover 2 years for defects.

Aqua Lung have a mask that is like the VX1, I wonder if they had any issues with that one as well.

Yea aside from this it’s an alright mask.

It is 2 years and 1 month old 😂 I’ll try the Tusa Zensee nexr, the Tusa masks seem to fit slightly better my face.

Yea aside from this it’s an alright mask.

It is 2 years and 1 month old 😂 I’ll try the Tusa Zensee nexr, the Tusa masks seem to fit slightly better my face.
Maybe you can try and return it where you got it from or with Apeks. Maybe you will get lucky. I went with a Hollis M1 mask, sa far I like it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom