Apeks VX1 mask questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First dives with this mask this past weekend. Overall I was very pleased. The skirt is really comfortable. I did not use the optional neoprene strap. The mask is small and light. Good buy.

How much are you guys paying for these masks. Seems like the backorder is leading to some price gouging.

I paid 120$ taxes included (cad.) for the black/clear version.
You got a great price. I don't have specifics handy, but I think MSRP in the US is $160 or even a little higher.
@Ben_3 what are you calling gouging? Is someone really asking for more than MSRP on a super premium priced item, or are you just surprised by the standard price?

You got a great price. I don't have specifics handy, but I think MSRP in the US is $160 or even a little higher.
@Ben_3 what are you calling gouging? Is someone really asking for more than MSRP on a super premium priced item, or are you just surprised by the standard price?

$160.00, seriously? I love Apeks but that's insane. I thought that they were around 100

$160.00, seriously? I love Apeks but that's insane. I thought that they were around 100
Okay, I just checked. MSRP in the US is $169 and if the UV cut version were available it would be $189. So, basically price competitive with Atomics, who has been getting that kind of retail all along.

I have seen some as high as 140$ + tax cad but that’s still lower than the us msrp you guys are talking about. It’s a nice mask. I’m not surprised as of the price I paid. There are a lot other masks in that price range. If they are boosting prices that kind of sucks!

Okay, I just checked. MSRP in the US is $169 and if the UV cut version were available it would be $189. So, basically price competitive with Atomics, who has been getting that kind of retail all along.

Yeah, AA makes a mask in the price range. It's grossly over priced too. Calling either competitively priced is a serious stretch. I think their pricing meeting was aimed at seeing what the market would bear.... Again, I'm a big fan of Apeks, just think this mask is a cash grab. That said, their prerogative. I'll vote with my wallet...

Back
Top Bottom