Anyone welcome - Ft. Lauderdale beach dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Jenny:
I did not make it out today, as the weather, and this cold are keeping at home. Anybody brave the conditions?

I did. It was awesome! The boat's out of the water, and it would have been too rough to take folks out in the ocean, but Captain Burt of the Sea Mist III came through for old Scubakev and provided an "off the beaten path" dive for yours truly. He asked me to take a look at his props, he was getting some pretty heavy vibration. So, into the intracostal I hopped.
Seas were less than one inch, vis was two and a half feet and the water temp felt like somewhere's around 74 degrees or so, I didn't look. Immediately upon arriving at the starboard screw, I encountered a medium sized mangrove snapper hiding between the blades. He couldn't see me so I snuck right up behind him and tapped hin on the butt. That scared the poop right out of him and I had a little chuckle as turned to the task of removing about 12 feet of lobster trap line and a softball sized ball of monofiliment. It wasn't easy, but about 35 minutes later she was all clean. I would have looked around a little, but there were urgent topside matters, so I had to go. The intracoastal has some very cool stuff that you don't see out on the reef. Maybe I'll go again tomorrow.

The intracoastal is a place I thought about diving to explore a while ago but forgot about. Cool. Not deep, but I'm just sure there's wild-life that hides there that I could enjoy seeing.

You guys should have seen Ben's eyes widen when I led him into Fill Express. I think he likes it. And I think we both learned a lot about all types of stuff from eveyone (cave and regular divers) who was hanging out there (dive conditions what they've been, eveyone seemed to just need to vent and talk about diving to get it out of their systems).

We all can try again another day.

Dave

Well,we made it! We are here at Palm Aire. I will be calling about my Nitrox cert today. Anyone want to do a shore dive later in the week? Looks like things have calmed down since last week.

Mike

Actually, if you're in the Commercial road (ft lauderdale) area, bjpell and I are going to attempt a dive at about 3 pm. PM or e-mail him as I won't be around the computer too much.

:)

Mambo Dave:
Actually, if you're in the Commercial road (ft lauderdale) area, bjpell and I are going to attempt a dive at about 3 pm. PM or e-mail him as I won't be around the computer too much.

:)
Is there anyone up for doing an evening dive this week at LBTS or somewhere else? I'm tired of waiting for the weekend and then having a storm or wind screw things up for me.

Ya'll have fun. Looks like the weather is cooperating this week. I am still fighting off a nasty bug of some sort, and here's hoping I will be better by the weekend!

change in plans - bjpell, aabond and I aren't sure where we're gonna attempt a beach dive. We are meeting at the A1A publix just north of Commerical at 3 PM. Look for a white 1999 F-150. :)

(where is LBTS?)

I guess it is where you were planning on going today on Commercial- Lauderdale by the Sea. I'll go where ever anyone wants, I haven't done any beach diving here yet. I just can't get there until 6:30 or so because of work.

Ouch - 6:30 - that's late (or I really need to invest in an HID light). We ended up diving Pompano from 1 block south of Atlantic to Atlantic. Found an eel, fish, the first reef, etc. A good dive.

The plan is to dive just south of Commercial at Hibiscus tomorrow... just waiting for a certain person to tell me their availability time.

:D I would be interested in diving today in the Fort Lauderdale area! I live in Margate and work the graveyard shift so if I could find some people to dive with during the week, that would be great!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom