Anyone welcome - Ft. Lauderdale beach dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is the Tuesday dive plan for anyone who hasn't been able to make it yet: meet at the Commercial pier at or before 4:30 PM. We will probably have a group of four at this point, but more are always welcome (which is the whole point of this post).

Come on out! Water's fine, and there is plenty of wildlife to take pictures of (look at bjpell's picture gallery).

Be it in the Atlantic or beer - One way or another we'll be diving.

Sounds like plan. I will be in a silver Civic SI. Water looks perfect for beach diving! 1 tank or 2?

Awesome!

That late in the day? Probably one tank, though I go through air - so if you do, too, bring both and we can both exit and change out tanks. i would have bought a HP steel 120 last night if my LDS had one. Check for a PM with my cell # . Anyone else who wants to come along PM me, post here or just show up. We'll be the people in neoprene.

Yeah I am still an air hog go through an 80 on a beach dive in just over an hour :banghead:

Hey, despite what some believe, I truly believe there are different types of divers - those who actively search, and those who relax and glide. Searchers are always moving and checking out nooks and crannies for whatever (I'm getting good at finding bugs). Relaxers take it easy or hold in one place taking pictures. There's nothing wrong with either of us - it's just two different styles that don't always mix when some of us run out of air. I'm probably always going to be more active - it's the way I work, it's the way I play, so I can't see it changing too much just for diving. Though I'm sure if I got a camera I'd slow down a little more - and save air. Now how's that for an quipment purchase justification?
:14:

Thanks for posting the pics. Glad you had a good time. Next up, a reef ID class? :)

Scuba_Jenny:
Thanks for posting the pics. Glad you had a good time. Next up, a reef ID class? :)
..LOL No I just had to post the pictures quickly because I had to work last night! If you would like the Latin names for the fish I took pictures of you will have to give me a little time:peyebrow

Anybody wana try a Saturday 2/11 AM Beach Dive, don't care were, LBTS, Fort Lauderdale, Dania, whatever....
Just need to dive !!! I'm open for suggestions.

Regards,

:confined:

Hey guys!

I had a lot of fun yesterday!!! Thanks to all who shown up and got their fins wet. We had a good time. SCUBACHICK7 had that hid light that lit up the floor for all of us to gaze at the critters below, totally awesome! I think we all said at one point or another during that dive “I gotta get me one of them HID can lights!” Mambo Dave was on pier clean-up duty. He picked up at least 5 lbs of lead off the sea floor from the pier fishermen. Poor guys trim was shot after that for the rest of the dive… AABOND was our excitement on this dive with a tank that slid out of the bc, but he quickly fixed that problem taking off his bc and retightening the cam strap underwater. Good job Andrew. DAWETTERDABETTER was our photo guy for this dive capturing the memories and sharing them for us all to view here on the ScubaBoard gallery. Last-but-not-least is I, bjpell as the dive flag guy.

After car pooling was done and the gear was put away we all enjoyed the wonderful customer service of South Florida's Subway. How many times did I tell her “I’d like a 6 in. Cold Cut on Honey wheat please” 4 times?? A few subs and suds later we were all chilling, talking about the dive and sharing scuba stories.

To anyone reading this post who would like to join in on the fun, you are more then welcome. We are always looking to meet new people, make friends/dive buddy’s, have some fun, and get the flippers wet. Just send a Pm to Mambo Dave or bjpell and we would be more then willing to try to set something up with you. Are typical dive meets around 3pm on weekdays at commercial Pier lot, or off of Hibiscus (2 side streets south of pier) and varies on weekends.

Dive with ya later,

-=ben

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom