Anyone welcome - Ft. Lauderdale beach dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mambo Dave:

I'll see you at Comercial Pier saturday morning in my Green Chevy S-10. I've never been there but by the pictures I see on line it appears to be pretty straight forward.

-=ben

Awesome.

A fellow kayaker I work with appparently really has a feel for wind direction vs. hig-pressure placements. His forcast, FWIW, puts the wind coming right at the shore. that sucks. But as it has been written previously - we never know until we get there.

New plan: I'm going to be there to go diving, or I'm going to be there to go get breakfast. :java:

well, after looking out the window this morning I sure hope that saturday is a lot nicer. The beach cam's appear to be rough waves out there and super windy.

-=ben

lol, that's why i'm keeping the breakfast option open - there's a breakfast place (actually at least two of them) right there at whatever that little street is and Commercial (northwest corner). Don't feel obligated - but if it's rough when I show up (rough enough to cancel), I'll be more than happy to talk about future diving over eggs and coffee there.

Mambo Dave,

Sure will...will be doing the Nitrox cert, but should have some open time. I'll be staying at Palm Aire.

OK, OK, the weather, winds and rain this evening probably are gonna put a big hold on tomorrow morning, but I'm gonna be there like I said I would. For those itching to get in there, my friends who are really good at estimating dive conditions believe that Sunday afternoon is gonna be your best bet. I'd hook up Sunday with DiverChick7 if she still wants to go then (wish I had the time, but I'll be cryin' in my beer and stumblin' 'round to country music at the cook-off).

I did not make it out today, as the weather, and this cold are keeping at home. Anybody brave the conditions?

Scuba_Jenny:
I did not make it out today, as the weather, and this cold are keeping at home. Anybody brave the conditions?
Not me... http://216.199.153.109/popup.html

Looks pretty nice for surfing.

Dave and I meet at around 8 am and agreed not to dive. The shallow depths that we were looking at would have been bad diving conditions.

Thanks again to Dave who came anyway. You all missed out on a good breakfast and gossip at the local dive shop.

-=ben

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom