Anyone welcome - Ft. Lauderdale beach dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bjpell:
To anyone reading this post who would like to join in on the fun, you are more then welcome. We are always looking to meet new people, make friends/dive buddy’s, have some fun, and get the flippers wet. Just send a Pm to Mambo Dave or bjpell and we would be more then willing to try to set something up with you. Are typical dive meets around 3pm on weekdays at commercial Pier lot, or off of Hibiscus (2 side streets south of pier) and varies on weekends.

Dive with ya later,

-=ben

Are you guys up for Saturday then,

I need to get wet soon.

Take care,

I had hoped on doing a boat dive on sat. but havent found a buddy.
Would love to try a shore dive. name the time and place to meet up.

I'm in as well for a shore dive this weekend with you guys!

I am aiming at blowing off any excuse the little woman makes for me,
packing up the kayak, and headin for the N end of Ft.Laud public beach,
N of Sunrise blvd, where all the parallel parking is right next to the beach.

SFLDiver:
headin for the N end of Ft.Laud public beach,
N of Sunrise blvd, where all the parallel parking is right next to the beach.

Hows the diving there without having a Kayak? how deep? How's the reef?

If anybody has other suggestions so we can all get together let me know, I'm not that wise on the best places to Beach Dive. I have only dove at the Dania Jacks and once in LBTS when the conditions were horrible. So I'm no expert in the Beach Diving places.

Thanks,

The 1st reef ledge is easily within shore diving range, a nice small ledge about 20-25 ft avgt.depth, known to have the occasional bug or two or three or ...

The 2nd reef is suweet, but I wouldn't recommend a surface (or submerged) swim to it. You get a fair amount of boat traffic out by the buoys. Depth ranges from 20-30ft, and rises to 8 ft in some locations.

I've kayak-dove 15th st in Pompano, haven't at LBTS or Commercial pier due to quarters consumption at parking meters. A good kayak dive to 2nd reef depths of 30 ft gives me 2 hrs bottom time. Add set-up and take down and I gotta have 3+hrs of quarters. Parking at our usual spot in Ft.Laud is free. Can't beat that.

FYI, Kayuba is doing their kayak-scuba-picnic gathering the following weekend,
John Lloyd Park, 8am, northernmost parking lot.

Ok, I called John U Loyd park in Dania beach and they are open. So we can dive the jacks. We have to walk a little with the gear but not bad. Beacuse of the jacks even if the conditions are not the best they tend to block and clear up the water some. A good guide to go in and out.

We'll meet at the Dania Beach Pier parking lot at 9AM. Go all the way to the north of the parking lot. Parking is about $3-$4. Please let me know if you will go and call me if you have any questions.

If for some reason the conditions suck too bad than we'll go for breakfast, LOL

Looking forward to see some of you there,

Walter,

(954) 540-4750 Cell

Wher are you diving? The eurojacks are located at the southernmost part of the park, or are there others someplace else? The southernmost parking lot has been closed for almost 2 years, while the rest of the park has been open.

Scuba_Jenny:
Wher are you diving? The eurojacks are located at the southernmost part of the park, or are there others someplace else? The southernmost parking lot has been closed for almost 2 years, while the rest of the park has been open.

Hello Jenny,

We are diving the eurojacks but you can access them from the Dania Pier parking lot heading north. Its about the same walk than if you parked at the Park. I actually callled the park today and they told me that the Southernmost parking lot is now open, and I asked the guy what would be better and he told me that it's the same walk from either side. I'll park at the pier since I'm more familiar going that way.

You interested?

Take care,

Would love to go, but my head is still a bit stuffy. This is one of my favorite dives. Maybe next time....sigh. (another week out of the water)
FWIW, I have done the jacks from the pier and from the park. Both are a good swim. If you ever see a satallite photo,you will see that the trek from the park is slightly shorter, but a longer topside walk. Take your pic.

I misread your post and thought you were meeting at the Parks north parking lot. Wondering how deprived of nitrogen you were! lol!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom