Anti ScubaPro bias?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've bought a few SP things in the past but I don't really plan to in the future. As a small retail business owner, I despise their business model from a consumer standpoint. I prefer to do business with companies that focus on the customer/consumer through superior customer service, quality product offerings, and fair expedient product service when needed.

There is currently not one ScubaPro product on ANY of my gear wishlists...and I like buying new gear.

Some of the European stores will ship directly to the US and if you find one that will you can get them to take off the 18% vat tax the EU customers pay. You can also buy service kits in Europe for SP regs.

It's different sales tax in different countrys in EU, if you buy from UK or Sweden you can cut of 20%

Contacted Scubapro Customer Service about a part for a BCD ... He didn't even want to talk to me when he found out it was old ... "To Old ..we have no parts "... wouldn't even tell me if it's an oring or rubber gasket ....worthless customer service ... I will spread the word/story every chance I get ...

Contacted Scubapro Customer Service about a part for a BCD ... He didn't even want to talk to me when he found out it was old ... "To Old ..we have no parts "... wouldn't even tell me if it's an oring or rubber gasket ....worthless customer service ... I will spread the word/story every chance I get ...

What is it -15-20 years old? and you expect them to sell you parts or give you specs?

Scubapro customer service is not interested in dealing with individuals. They only deal with dealers.Go to a Scubapro Dealer. Ask them. That's the Scubapro way. Don't like it? That's just the way that they are set up and not much that you or me can do about it either. Whining ain't going to make it better. Good luck.

Scubapro customer service is not interested in dealing with individuals. They only deal with dealers.Go to a Scubapro Dealer. Ask them. That's the Scubapro way. Don't like it? That's just the way that they are set up and not much that you or me can do about it either. Whining ain't going to make it better. Good luck.
..... Well ... I went to the Local Dealer ...Of which I was a Tech there years ago and also Captained their Dive Boat ... They had no clue ... You can call it "Whining" if you want .... I call that BULLYING ..... I was just giving my opinion about scubapro customer service to try to help anyone thinking about buying it ...They aren't what they used to be .. PS ..Thanks for the Bullying ..That's gonna help this website ..

What is it -15-20 years old? and you expect them to sell you parts or give you specs?
Could be 25 years old ..still in good shape ..age has nothing to do with it ...scubapro should support their customers ... I am not rich ..cannot afford new gear ..besides I'm more comfortable with this ...And THANKS for the GREAT HELP ..

..... Well ... I went to the Local Dealer ...Of which I was a Tech there years ago and also Captained their Dive Boat ... They had no clue ... You can call it "Whining" if you want .... I call that BULLYING ..... I was just giving my opinion about scubapro customer service to try to help anyone thinking about buying it ...They aren't what they used to be .. PS ..Thanks for the Bullying ..That's gonna help this website ..
Sounds like you need to take your whining into the special Whine and Cheese forum. Or into the DIY section. Might work there. Caterwauling and threatening SP won't accomplish much here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom