Announcing the SubGravity H3 - Powered by SeaBear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did anyone notice the HUGE difference in NDL on the computers? For the same dive the SeaBear was giving 147 mins, and the Shearwater was giving 94 mins. What accouints for this, when they both run Buhlman Z 16?
I was running 30/75 on the Predator and 30/70 on the H3. I'm still learning and playing with the settings on the H3. Both are running Buhlman.

I'm a newish (50-dives) recreational diver and have used the H3 on a couple of dives so far. I love the small size, light weight, and bright, clear screen. IMHO, the form factor is better than the larger, heavier Petrel 2 (which my husband uses). I won't be using it as a watch, but it's pretty small for a dive computer. The USB charger, firmware updates, and data transfer are convenient and easy. The built-in compass means I was able to get rid of a bulky piece of gear. The main display shows just the most important information. Ask me again in 50 dives and I'll tell you if it's the perfect computer for rec diving.

Now I'm just trying to find some decent divelog software for the Mac that supports it...

I was running 30/75 on the Predator [giving 94 minutes] and 30/70 on the H3 [giving 147 minutes]. I'm still learning and playing with the settings on the H3. Both are running Buhlman.

The unit running the more liberal gradient factor gave less NDL? That's...weird.

The unit running the more liberal gradient factor gave less NDL? That's...weird.

I think you have it backwards - the GF 30/70 would require more in-water time than a 30/75. Obviously, the beauty of using Gradient Factors is that the user can determine what level of conservatism as well as the shape of their deco based upon their personal preferences.

July 6? No dealers near me open. WANTto see before I buy

I think you have it backwards - the GF 30/70 would require more in-water time than a 30/75. Obviously, the beauty of using Gradient Factors is that the user can determine what level of conservatism as well as the shape of their deco based upon their personal preferences.

If we were talking TTS you'd be correct, but these are NDLs and for those a surfacing factor of 70% will cross from NDL to deco sooner than a surfacing factor of 75%. I know, reading comprehension is hard for some of you instructor types.

Just got this email, Subgravity H3 on sale through July 6th, $775.00

https://www.sub-gravity.com/product/subgravity-h3-dive-computer/

Nice. This just might drive me to get one.

Played with my friends Petrel topside. Great display, but a little big and bulky on my small wrist/arm. Sale price on the H3 puts it right in line with the Petrel. With the smaller size and AI option coming, it seems to be exactly what I am looking for.

Nice. This just might drive me to get one.

Played with my friends Petrel topside. Great display, but a little big and bulky on my small wrist/arm. Sale price on the H3 puts it right in line with the Petrel. With the smaller size and AI option coming, it seems to be exactly what I am looking for.
It's small, but not too small.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 393

Back
Top Bottom