Announcing the SubGravity H3 - Powered by SeaBear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looking on their website, with the 'built-in' rechargeable battery mentioned, does the H3 offer us the opportunity to recharge the battery by hooking up a cable?

Rather than opening the thing, taking the battery out, putting in another, etc...?

If so, that would be a big advantage over some of the competition, like the Lynx, from what I've read about those - fairly short battery life & you've got to open the thing to change batteries.

Price-wise, if it's all it's cracked up to be, this could put some serious competitive pressure on the competition & maybe drive down their prices?

Richard.

doubt it'll drive down the Petrel price, but I hope Seabear makes this the normal pricing on the H3 and ideally the T1 too. Battery recharges via cable, similar to the Nitek Q or any of the other smart watches on the market. The port is on the back side of the computer

I'll wait to see what the transmitter is going to sell for. I might just need to make a change........

Looking on their website, with the 'built-in' rechargeable battery mentioned, does the H3 offer us the opportunity to recharge the battery by hooking up a cable?

Rather than opening the thing, taking the battery out, putting in another, etc...?

If so, that would be a big advantage over some of the competition

Whether it's a reliability advantage depends on how it's implemented. The Cobalt's plug-in charging eliminated the need to unseal the unit for charging, while the Nitek Q's plug-in charging required removing a plug that, if not replaced, would result in the computer flooding.

according to the manual it is just open points more similar to the wet connectors on the Nitek series for their USB connection. It's on one of the early pages on the manual

The H3 is very simple to charge, update and download dives. Just plug in the supplied USB cable. No cover to remove like the Nitek Q.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 314
Do these have a water temperature display?

No cover to remove like the Nitek Q.

Hmm. I'd gold-plate the contacts, that way they hopefully wouldn't corrode during computer's warranty period.

---------- Post added July 6th, 2015 at 04:09 PM ----------

Do these have a water temperature display?

Every other DC does, I'd be very surprised if they didn't.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom