Announcing the SubGravity H3 - Powered by SeaBear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Edit: Suggestion that you take down the picture of the T1 on your main page since it makes it look like it only has a wheel on the right side.

Last edited:
The T1 does only have a wheel on the right side. The wheel is used to scroll through the main pages. You can access the sub menus by pushing in on the wheel at which point you can use the wheel to scroll through the sub menu pages again by turning the wheel and selecting items again by pushing in the wheel from the side. It is very fast and very easy to navigate through the unit even with heavy gloves on.

---------- Post added December 13th, 2014 at 12:39 PM ----------

The air integration is built into the computer. You will simply need to buy a transmitter when it becomes available.

The H3 will stay on Air, Nitrox, or Trimix once you have set it until you physically change it to another gas. No surprise mixes!

"Sweet water" means fresh water.

Hi, I have read the manual online and have a few questions.

Does the o2 % default to air at any point?

What is the minimum surface interval before the H3 logs the next dive as a separate dive?

Is there a dive planning function?

Your website states:

• Air integration (transmitter) available end of 2015
Will this functionality be built into the H3's from the beginning, or will it require another version of the H3 to be purchased that supports air integration?

Thanks

PS - the online manual says to rinse the unit with sweet water after diving. What is sweet water?

Really? Dang, wish I hadn't edited my post. There are pictures on the "more detailed information" link that show a second wheel peaking out from the left side.

Back to my original post then - the name T1 seems to imply Tec? DIR/Tec teaches bottom timer on right arm, compass on left. Seems like the wheel should be on the left side of the unit, for wearing primarily on the right arm. Or two wheels. Or have a function to flip the screen upside down.

Maybe it is easy to run wearing it on either arm and I'm blabbering in the wind.

No need to have two wheels. It is easily accessible regardless of which side you wear it on. I understand your concern, but it really is very simple to navigate with either hand.

Father - Not sure who your friend was that attended DEMA, but we most certainly did have computers at our booth (SubGravity). We had several hundred people, shops, instructors, etc. etc. that fondled them, played with them and drooled over them! I'm sitting on a plane flying home even as I type this with a both an H3 and a T1 in my luggage. I'll post a picture of them from my mobile phone when I get home tonight so that you can sleep better, knowing that they are real! I wouldn't want you to worry unnecessarily over this! :)

Father - Not sure who your friend was that attended DEMA, but we most certainly did have computers at our booth (SubGravity). We had several hundred people, shops, instructors, etc. etc. that fondled them, played with them and drooled over them! I'm sitting on a plane flying home even as I type this with a both an H3 and a T1 in my luggage. I'll post a picture of them from my mobile phone when I get home tonight so that you can sleep better, knowing that they are real! I wouldn't want you to worry unnecessarily over this! :)

No need. It was one person out of 100 that didn't see it. I'll sleep just fine. Thanks for clearing that up.

Most definitely not "vapor ware". They should be available sometime in January. Several hundred people saw them at DEMA. Just had a pair of them in Cave Country for the last two weeks and there were lots of people drooling over them! :)

If your local dive shop hasn't ordered any in yet, time to start letting them know you are interested!

Do tell in cave country people- home if the 829 Petrel- pray tell - who was drooling? And why?

Here is a comparison chart we have made and published on our website. Let us know if you have any questions.
And here is a simple .jpg of the chart - it is quite large, so you will need a big screen to view it!

ComputerComparison.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like the image gets resized when we upload it, best to follow the link to the actual chart...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom