American airline troubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kudos to American Airlines (so far). We completed the Verifly app process (confirms identity and negative COVID test), also completed the contact tracing form - and we sailed right to the ticket counter in Cozumel without having to fill out any additional paperwork. Nor does the airport make you complete a paper stating you are COVID free, symptom free and haven’t been around anyone with COVID. So far, so good.

Is this the program you are using?

Is this the program you are using?

This looks correct. Here’s a pic of the icon on my phone.
DB6CC60D-1088-45C9-96F6-394936B5C9B2.jpeg

And ... we made it home with no delays, cancelations - and even got in 10 minutes early to STL! The flight from MIA to STL was pretty light.

Loss leaders at or below the cost of production. Like the $4.60 prime rib here at Xmas next to the $4.50 hamburger. On that $228 RT subtract the international airport fees of about $95 and then the normal taxes and landing and airport fees I doubt what's left pays the fuel bill.
The roll off in flight loads over the last couple weeks between Covid and the economic downturn have been pretty dramatic.

On that $228 RT subtract the international airport fees of about $95 and then the normal taxes and landing and airport fees I doubt what's left pays the fuel bill.
The airline gets $70 from the ticket. Maybe they can make it up on luggage fees.

1643141375081.png

NO TROUBLES! Once again, flew into and out of Cozumel (this time via DFW) with no troubles on American. I want to encourage everyone to complete the Verifly app process at least 4 hours before you arrive at the airport. You'll need to have already followed instructions to provide contact information (for covid tracing - it's just giving them your email and phone numbers, which I assume they already have anyway!); then you'll do your passenger attestation ("I am who I am and all the info I'm providing is accurate and you already have it" - birth date, passport number, flight number, where you're flying to); then you say 'yes I got tested and it was negative - and my birth date, name of tester is on the test' - and upload the document. When you're done you'll get a screen that says "READY TO TRAVEL" that will have your picture (that you provided).

Guys, when the woman at the Cozumel American Airlines line asked me if I had it and I showed her mine and Roger's she acted really pleasantly surprised - I was surprised she was surprised! Meanwhile, the family in front of us was busy filling out the forms for all their kids and themselves, followed by supervising their two teen daughters moving stuff from checked bags to carryon so they wouldn't be overweight. (We watched the first process as we were behind them until a second agent came along - and watched the second process after we dropped off our bags).

It really is an easy process - just do it ahead of time and you'll be so much happier and things will go so much more smoothly. At least that has been our experience the last two trips (January and today).

NO TROUBLES! Once again, flew into and out of Cozumel (this time via DFW) with no troubles on American. I want to encourage everyone to complete the Verifly app process at least 4 hours before you arrive at the airport. You'll need to have already followed instructions to provide contact information (for covid tracing - it's just giving them your email and phone numbers, which I assume they already have anyway!); then you'll do your passenger attestation ("I am who I am and all the info I'm providing is accurate and you already have it" - birth date, passport number, flight number, where you're flying to); then you say 'yes I got tested and it was negative - and my birth date, name of tester is on the test' - and upload the document. When you're done you'll get a screen that says "READY TO TRAVEL" that will have your picture (that you provided).
Thanks for the info. We're flying to Cozumel on AA through DFW in a few weeks and hope it goes smoothly.

Thanks for the info. We're flying to Cozumel on AA through DFW in a few weeks and hope it goes smoothly.
Oh, I forgot to mention that out of DFW you just show your face to the machine at the gate to get on the flight! A little scary-hi-tech but super efficient!

And for anyone who has TSA PreCheck and doesn't know this, this is an important bit of info. After you go through customs and pick up your bag you then have to drop it off to re-check it (as with any international flight after you re-enter the US). When you walk out the doors to the main airport, to your right there is a regular TSA checkpoint. They do NOT have TSA PreCheck at that point. So instead, turn LEFT and walk about 3 minutes until you see the PreCheck entry point. If the regular one isn't busy it might not matter. But if it's busy, and you don't want to take off your shoes or take out your electronics and liquids, it's worth it to do the 3 minute walk to that PreCheck entry.

Guys, when the woman at the Cozumel American Airlines line asked me if I had it and I showed her mine and Roger's she acted really pleasantly surprised - I was surprised she was surprised! Meanwhile, the family in front of us was busy filling out the forms for all their kids and themselves, followed by supervising their two teen daughters moving stuff from checked bags to carryon so they wouldn't be overweight. (We watched the first process as we were behind them until a second agent came along - and watched the second process after we dropped off our bags).

It really is an easy process - just do it ahead of time and you'll be so much happier and things will go so much more smoothly. At least that has been our experience the last two trips (January and today).
You've sung the praises of the Verifly app before, and I just looked at the reviews on Google Play again. I have never seen so many 1 star reviews in my life. People, in general, detest it. We have an AA flight coming up. Do you have any thoughts or advice?

Back
Top Bottom