American airline troubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"The VeriFLY app is currently available for use in English, Spanish and Japanese on international flights to the U.S., as well as Direct and connecting flights from American’s U.S. airports to Aruba, the Bahamas, Barbados, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, El Salvador, France, Guatemala, Honduras, Ireland, Jamaica, Spain and the United Kingdom." American Airlines Customers Can Now Use VeriFLY to Confirm Vaccination Status

Mexico does not have any requirements other than a passport.

I agree that Verifly make the trip very simple. When it first came out it was so buggy couldn't use it but for the last year, maybe two it has been a breeze

You've sung the praises of the Verifly app before, and I just looked at the reviews on Google Play again. I have never seen so many 1 star reviews in my life. People, in general, detest it. We have an AA flight coming up. Do you have any thoughts or advice?
I showed VeriFly, but still had to show: passport, covid vax record, covid test, AND Bahamas travel authorization (which, like VeriFly covers all 3 documents)
VeriFly is to return to the US - not to leave.

Used Verifly with AA when leaving Cozumel this past Dec. and when leaving Cabo in Jan. Both times I only needed to show the checkmark on the Verifly app (I have an iPhone.)

Leaving tomorrow for Grand Bahama and the Verifly app is good for entering as well as coming home. The app allows you to scan the QR code of The Bahamas Travel Visa (which you have to get to travel to the Bahamas - the visa is where you enter your negative covid test result required for entry to the Bahamas) along with the vaccination record, and something like the attestation.

Both the Bahama Travel Visa and Verifly okayed everything within a few hours. Guess I'll find out tomorrow if it makes things easier.

Used Verifly with AA when leaving Cozumel this past Dec. and when leaving Cabo in Jan. Both times I only needed to show the checkmark on the Verifly app (I have an iPhone.)

Leaving tomorrow for Grand Bahama and the Verifly app is good for entering as well as coming home. The app allows you to scan the QR code of The Bahamas Travel Visa (which you have to get to travel to the Bahamas - the visa is where you enter your negative covid test result required for entry to the Bahamas) along with the vaccination record, and something like the attestation.

Both the Bahama Travel Visa and Verifly okayed everything within a few hours. Guess I'll find out tomorrow if it makes things easier.
You'll probably be fine. In Philly, we (like to) make things difficult. :wink:

I’ll be flying to grand Bahama on Monday!

VeriFLY - for Bahamas, showed my app with the “ready to travel” check mark in Indy. They put in in there system and I didn’t have to show any other documents. Didn’t think I’d be showing it until flight from Miami to Grand Bahama.
I’ll be flying to grand Bahama on Monday!
Think I’ll mostly be diving with Grand Bahama Scuba which is at the Ocean Reef Yacht Club. Have a great trip. Maybe we’ll run into each other.

VeriFLY - for Bahamas, showed my app with the “ready to travel” check mark in Indy. They put in in there system and I didn’t have to show any other documents. Didn’t think I’d be showing it until flight from Miami to Grand Bahama.

Think I’ll mostly be diving with Grand Bahama Scuba which is at the Ocean Reef Yacht Club. Have a great trip. Maybe we’ll run into each other.

You too!

AA is starting an Austin to Cozumel route on Saturdays beginning June 4th

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom